“... long time customer”

old address
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“... long time customer”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

So I have read some of the other less positive reviews, not sure what these families were looking for. For years, we have brought our kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and family. Is the menu large, no. Is the food good, yes for what you are getting. But the adventure is so fun! IF you go and have a long wait for the train counter... there are so many fun things for kids of all ages to do. The "go carts" and the pigs are must. The older kids will play basketball. A few years ago we spent hours painting our family barn wood sign. Now we al spend time looking for our sign every year. We even bring cards to play for the adults. Is this an adult place to go without kids, not really. But it is definitely a destination place for a fun time in the summer.

1 Thank sarisaspen

“Not great food, over priced & not real safe”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The food was just OK, and for 5 adults & 1 toddler our check was $88.00. There was a 1 1/2 hour wait to sit at the counter where the train is, and since we didn't want to wait we were offered a table on the patio which smelled like manure. The food selection was limited and just OK, nothing special. The place was crazy crowded, and difficult just to pay the check because of the crammed entryway.
Outside is a "play area." Some of the things to climb on didn't seem too safe such as a slide built on a rusty old truck & a wooden train with bricks nearby where the kids play.
We go to Door County frequently, but I think we've made our last visit to this tourist trap.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mary R
Wisconsin
“It's different”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We opted to wait for a seat at the bar. The menu is pretty limited, but they did have a vegetarian option to which I was grateful for. The chairs are pretty crammed together, I kept elbowing the poor lady sitting next to me by accident. The train is a fun idea. The waitress put my son's stuffed toy on the train & he thought that was the best thing ever. The food wasn't the best, but the service was fast & friendly. I just kept looking at my husband and cracking up. I have never been to a place like this before. I was pretty amused. I would say try it for a quick lunck, and be prepared to wait for a table at the bar. The food isn't great enough to justify sitting anywhere but the bar. You need to experiance the train!!

1 Thank nosilla
“Not enough variety”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We got there at 1:00 on a weekday hoping to sit at the counter so the kids could watch the train. We were told it would be an hour wait so we opted to sit out on the porch, much to our kids' disappointment. We would have considered waiting but it was the first beautiful day we had on vacation and we were anxious to get back to the pool. I thought the menu was limiting - I had to ask if I could get a basic hot dog. The menu only listed a chili dog (they did give me one). We went inside to get ice cream and my kids were able to watch the train for a little bit while we waited. There were a lot of fun things to do outside - definitely plan to be there for awhile.

1 Thank Mep1027
Waukesha, Wi.
“Always worth it.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We always make our way to PC junction when we are in Door County. Very affordable and great food and service. So many different things to do and they dont cost anything. The menu is simple and delicious. A must do when in DC

1 Thank avalanchejoe