“Wonderful food and incredible view of Lake Michigan”

Harbor Fish Market and Grille
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Distinctive waterfront dining in the heart of Door County. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week spring through fall. Outdoor, garden, waterfront dining in season. Healthy kids' menu. Full bar with exceptional wine list. Creative menu using locally sourced ingredients. Wonderful historic building right on the water in downtown Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin. Reservations encouraged and can be made on our Facebook page or on our website.
St Paul Minnesota Usa
“Wonderful food and incredible view of Lake Michigan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely out door seating with incredible view of Lake Michigan. I had a wonderful vegetarian Risotto and we split a salad - my husband had fish and he said it was wonderful. But.... the best part, is they have a "doggy Menu" and our Paolo got to order off his menu. Yes, he got a 1/3 # burger over kibbles and bits. He loved, it. He will forever, be looking for his own food on any pet friendly patio from now on. Our server was knowledgebable, friendly and attentive! Good food and good service and great view.

• Visited July 2014
Karen B, Owner at Harbor Fish Market and Grille, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Our doggy menu is so popular! We are glad that Paolo enjoyed his visit here -- and that you did also! We have been dog friendly for quite a long time and have made many friends! Our deck area is "dog free" for our guests wanting to be outdoors without four legged friends nearby. We hope to see you and Paolo again soon!

wheaton IL
“You must stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Charming place you walk in you see a old tv with a fish tank in it....nice bar area where you can sit and chat or sit at the bar. The restaurant has white table cloths, lots of window facing the water....because it's perfect outside we sit facing Lake Michigan.
The menu looked amazing I could not decide waitress suggested the lobster roll....which was fabulous! It's huge, big chunks of lobster salad, tiny pieces of celery on this crispy, butter roll! It comes with choices potato salad, fries, coleslaw I had the potato salad which again yummy tiny slices of potato in a light creamy dressing.
My husband had a fish sandwich that had a soft, homemade bun he loved it along with lobster bisque that was smooth and tasty. Couple next to us had the veggie burger they raved about and chicken wrap that was huge and yummy.
They also serve breakfast and dinner!

Bathrooms are neat and clean! They offer lotion, lady products if needed. Our waitress was great she was very personal, refilled ice tea, made great suggestions and did not rush us!

I will be back it was great experience!

Visited July 2014
What a joy to read your review! Believe me, we will be sharing it with everyone here! We also love the little extras in the ladies' room! We started making our lobster rolls a few years ago. We had trouble getting the traditional style rolls for the lobster rolls -- so we make them here ourselves! Thanks so much for bringing us big smiles today!
Wheaton, IL
“Best Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My wife and I were exploring the Lake Michigan side of Door County and while passing through Bailey's Harbor noticed the Harbor Fish Market and Grille. My wife said we should go back and eat lunch there. I am so glad we did as we had lunch at one of Door County's best restaurants.
I am not sure of the expectations or experience of some of the other reviewers. We live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago and have dined at some of the most highly rated restaurants and the Harbor Fish Market is right there with them.
I had the lobster bisque which was thick, creamy, full of flavor and was one of the best I have ever had. My wife had the lobster roll which she ended up sharing with me as it was so filled with large chunks of lobster that she could not eat it all. Lobster rolls are supposed to have a roll that is buttery and this one was exactly what a lobster roll was supposed to be. I had a walleye sandwich which was fresh and sweet. Even the tarter sauce and coleslaw were good. Being a big fan of fresh fish and an avid fisherman, I find that I enjoy a good pickle based tarter sauce as opposed to a dill based one and the Harbor Fish Market pleased my fish palate.
Make the Harbor Fish Market as a must do for your Door County vacation.

• Visited July 2014
Great review and thank you so much! Our lobster rolls continue to be hugely popular -- and we are really proud of all the fresh -- never frozen -- fish that shows up on our menu! Our chefs really make an effort to let the freshness of the product show through by keeping things simple! We do make our lobster rolls right here -- just couldn't seem to find a product that we liked better! Again, thank you!
Door County
“Horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Had reservations to this place many had told us was great...walk in, was seated....sat there with not one person coming to our table, so we sat for 17 min before leaving, not one person greeted us on our way out either....over priced and bad service, not 1 thing on menu for under 25 bucks either

2 Thank Dpetrie20
Oh my -- that definitely was not anywhere near acceptable. I was there that evening and do not recall that happening. I apologize for your wait. Although it was very busy, we certainly should have acknowledged you and been more aware of your needs. Please accept my sincere apology.
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

A friend and I celebrated our birthdays here. She had the salmon and I had the fabulous lobster boil--what a delicious dinner it was! The lobster and shellfish were cooked to perfection and I'm still thinking about them! I am from the Midwest where good seafood is hard to find, so I appreciate it when I can experience such a wonderful meal. We had a reservation but arrived early and they were very accommodating, taking us without a wait. (Now, we were there in June--if you are in peak season, make your reservation early and arrive on time. I understand they only take so many reservations a night for the lobster boil.) The service was wonderful and the dining room is beautiful. In good weather, you can sit outside in the garden and look at the lake. If you want a special dinner, you should consider the Harbor Fish Market and Grille.

• Visited June 2014
It's hard to find some special way to say thank you! All of the reviews and comments we receive here are reviewed by our entire staff and I can't wait to show them your comments! Thanks for making us all smile today! Sending you warm wishes for a great summer!