“Hidden gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baileys Harbor
Blacksmith Inn On the Shore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I really loved our stay at the Inn. We had no idea what to expect as it was our first time to Door County. Our stay exceeded our expectations! I'm not sure we'll want to stay at a conventional hotel again... We loved our room (Zahn House), the entire place was very clean and maintained well, it was quiet, the food was great, the staff was helpful and friendly, loved access to kayaks/bikes...The Inn is in a quiet little town, just a short drive over to the bay side of DC. The only thing I'd mention for anyone coming to DC, the cell service (AT&T) was spotty. I would highly recommend and will be back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Scrappyj21

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at the Blacksmith Inn on the Shore for four days. We had an incredible room with a wonderful view of Lake Michigan. Our room had a king size bed. Each room has its own private balcony with comfortable chairs. There was a large jacuzzi bath and nice robes in our room. Each morning the Inn has a continental breakfast with many different items including fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cheese, oatmeal, fresh muffins and much more. Every evening there is a huge bowl of popcorn, a variety of teas, Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate. The inn has its own dock with kayaks and paddle boats and there are bikes to use. It is right in town with many things to do is just a short walk. It is centrally located to Door county so many things are just a short drive away. If quiet comfort is what you are looking for The Blacksmith Inn on the Shore is for you. When we are back in the area we will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The views on the website a very representative of what the rooms are like.
1  Thank Wolfgang37
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Blacksmith Inn largely contributed to our having a dream-like week in Door County. Joan gave us excellent tips on hiking trails in the area. Breakfasts were great with home made muffins and other goodies each morning. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the view of the harbor and sounds of birds each morning. Lovely garden areas around the houses as well. I'd love to return.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice. We stayed in the Zahn House, which overlooks the harbor. The rooms...
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I have driven past The Blacksmith Inn many times over the last five years. I never gave staying there much thought because at passing glance, it looked old. We decided to mix it up this year and stay somewhere new. The online pictures looked nice so we decided to give it a try. I am SO glad we did. The minute I walked into the Zahn house (there are two buildings on the property) I fell in love. To call this place "charming" would be the understatement of the century. The buildings, the grounds and the view are spectacular!

When we arrived, we entered thru the back of the building. There, you will find a large deck with amazing views of the lake. On the deck are many tables with umbrellas and lovely flowers. This was the perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenery. Upon entering the building you can tell this place is special. From the old hardwood floors (they look like the original wood) to the antique country decor, we were definitely impressed. The sitting/common area is quaint. There, guests will find homemade oatmeal cherry cookies (yum!) any time of day or night. Each morning, breakfast is served. Fresh fruit, fresh homemade muffins, organic oatmeal, a selection of cereals and juices along with other items are there for the guests. Organic coffee and teas are available any time. Each evening, fresh popped popcorn and lemonade are available for a snack. The Inn also provides recipe cards for all muffins, cookies for each guest to take, if they wish. Very nice touch.

The rooms are decorated nicely with antique nightstands/cabinets and have awesome views. The bed was very comfortable with lots of comfy pillows. Our room had a whirlpool and fireplace which added to the ambiance. The only downside to the room (in my opinion) was the amount of stencil on the walls. I feel it was a bit overdone. Also, there wasn't a dresser so we lived mainly out of the suitcase. Overall, not a big problem.

The hotel has it's own pier with chairs. In addition, there are kayaks and paddle boards for the guests to enjoy, free of charge.

Overall, our stay exceeded our expectations and well worth the cost. I look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose F
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Blacksmith and thoroughly enjoyed the inn and Door County. The inn has quite a few rooms, each with a view of Lake Michigan. We stayed in Room 14 which was on the second floor and had wonderful lake views. The room was very large with a king-size bed, jacuzzi, and large bathroom. Check out their website as it accurately reflects each room and its amenities. Additionally, they had kayaks, paddle boards, and bikes if you were interested. I loved the idea of a cold breakfast buffet, and especially enjoyed the fresh fruit. Bryan is an excellent host and was helpful in suggesting restaurants and places to see. Fish Creek, Egg Harbor, and Sister Bay are not far away (maybe 7-9 miles), so there is lots to see and do around the area.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

What a beautiful, romantic inn! The rooms are fabulous! And the location - right off the road on one side, but the serene lake on the other - is glorious. The innkeepers are lovely, and really care for their guests. We are definitely going back!

Room Tip: Be sure to get up early to walk out on the dock and watch the sun rise over Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prof_Bill
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I just spent the weekend here once again. We were looking for a get away for my wifes birthday, and it just so happened that we got engaged here 10 years ago, so it seemed like the perfect choice for the weekend! We have been back to the inn many times, and the staff never fails to impress us. Unfailingly friendly and accomodating, with our favorite cookies and popcorn in the afternoon. The breakfast is always top quality, with organic and healthy choices, and a really good cup of coffee. Bailey's Harbor is on the "quiet" side of the door, so this isn't the place for you if you are expecting parties and night life. If you want quiet time together, with a fantastic view off the deck, this is the place. Guys, if you're wondering about staying at a B and B; relax. The inn is a converted blacksmith shop, decorated with tools and farming implements from the period, and it is interesting to see everything they have done to convert it to an inn. The place is always impeccably clean and quiet; a great place for a weekend together.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort
Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort
#5 of 7 in Baileys Harbor

Been to Blacksmith Inn On the Shore? Share your experiences!