“A welcome site”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis< IN
“A welcome site”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

After being on the road for 17 hours I was looking forward to checking into the Americinn Baldwin. I had an average sized regular room that had everything I needed to enjoy my stay such as a flat screen tv, desk and chairs. It was clean and comfortable as were the beds. The beds also had plenty of comfortable pillows to chose from.
Though there was a slight hiccup when checking in (gave me an occupied room), they quickly took care of the issue and I was in my room. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. I did not use the pool however there were people in it and were seeming to enjoy their swim. I had to get an early start and left before they served breakfast.
The property is conveniently located off I94 with plenty of eating places close by.
Depending on the size of the vehicle you are driving parking could be an issue. There is not much room for larger vehicles and you cannot park in the cul de sac. There is plenty of parking for cars and suv's.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NovTraveler01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great place to stay between Twin Cities & Eau Claire when traveling. Well maintained and priced average for the area. Constructed for quiet rooms. Fuel & food near hotel and everything located just off I94.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Monte E
Red Wing, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband, myself and another couple decided to stay here for a relaxing weekend get away, Our friends booked a one room fireplace suite on the second floor and we reserved the handicap executive fireplace suite on the first floor.
We were in the process of checking in, the young lady checking us in had already given us the keys and I was filling out the vehicle information when I noticed the rate was less than what we had reserved the room for. I inquired about the price difference and she did not have a response. She left and returned with another woman who did not introduce herself but I am guessing she was the manager. She was neither friendly or apologetic but stated that the gentleman who had stayed in that room the night before had requested to extend his stay, he was not in good health and he needed that room. She had decided to give us the standard queen room.
I was in disbelief that she would do this without our knowledge. They had both my email address and telephone number and could have contacted me to explain the situation and let me choose another room. She then started searching for another available room. She asked if we wanted a whirlpool room and I said no we would not use the whirlpool.She said there was one other fireplace suite on the second floor in the back corner. They do not have an elevator and my husband has difficullty walking so that was not an option She ended up choosing for us a non handicap whirlpool room with a king bed. She also did give us the room for half price but that did not change the fact that the room we ended up with was not what we would have chosen ourselves. We did not use the whirlpool and when our friends came to our room two of us had to sit on the bed because there were only two chairs in the room.
I did go up to see our friends suite and it was great. It was very large with a sofa and arm chair, table with two chairs, long counter with large refrigerator and a fireplace.
This is a very nice hotel and the rest of the staff we encountered were very friendly but because of our experience I would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BPete5
AndrewDyb, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Here at Americinn we would hope everyone would have a wonderful stay and leave like they cannot wait to come back. I am so sorry your stay was less than expected. Unfortunately unforeseen circumstances sometimes arise and there is disappointed. I know that even with a free night it did not make up for the fireplace you had wanted in your room. That is why we told you we would be sending a gift certificate to come back and enjoy a fireplace room on us. We do hope you take that opportunity to let our hotel make it up to you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel, as these comments help us all do our best to improve our guests stay.
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Rates were reasonable for the location and cleanliness of the rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank WisconsinGirl2013
Princeton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

The AmericInn of Baldwin was very nice. The front staff was friendly and professional. They even let us have an early check in! The lobby area is comfortable and the breakfast was great.
We did have some issues with the sound traveling through the walls. I am not sure why. We could hear people in the next room running water for their tub or whirlpool or something. I thought it odd at the time, but we just shrugged it off.
Also we had to go around and plug in the lamps to get them to come on. There were also some cobwebs. I didn't see any spiders, and I am glad because that would have creeped me out.
Overall - I really liked our stay and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Audrey M
Kingsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed 2 weeks at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites in Baldwin, WI and was extremely happy and super impressed this stay over other times I've stayed. The person who cleaned my room during my stay did an OUSTANDING job. I have never been so impressed. The staff has always been friendly, very helpful, and down to earth. This time around the extra to accommodate such a long stay was very much appreciated and I can't thank them enough. KUDOS to the staff and to the person cleaning my room, I give a standing applause!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Debbie L
Conover, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were returning home from visiting family in SD where I had broken my ankle. My husband went in and requested a room on the first floor explaining about my injury. The young woman at the desk, named Abbie, offered to give us the room for people with disabilities. It was so nice of her to think of that. The room was nice and clean and I did not have to go too far on the crutches. That is good excellent customer service. Thank you Abbie!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dmpemt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
BEST WESTERN Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menomonie
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
Comfort Suites Hudson
Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin? Share your experiences!