“prime rib buffet”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Heard plenty of advertising on radio for the prime rib buffet and new ownership. Kids and I decided to give it a try. Buffet was $14.95 for all you can eat. Includes the salad bar and desserts. Everything tasted good as my kids and I all tried different items. I would definitely go back.

2  Thank Daniel W

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were actually looking for a place called The Barn but were given the address to this place by mistake. We should have left when we walked in and there was no one else there. We decided to try the buffet. There was plenty of food and a fair variety but it was not good. The things that should have been hot were lukewarm. It was all high calorie food--breaded chicken, oversauced pork, gloppy mashed potatoes, etc. The salad bar was ordinary. The dessert bar was actually the best part, with cookies, brownies, etc. that were quite good. The people were extremely friendly but it was just a lousy meal. We were on vacation and looking for something special. Instead, my husband literally got sick an hour or so later because this food so disagreed with him. When we were leaving, a busload of elderly tourists arrived so maybe this is their normal clientele and they like it. But I would never advise anyone to try this place.

2  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes, the restaurant is in a barn which is somewhat unique. However, the service and food were not up to par. I was part of a group of 16 that stopped in on a Sunday morning. There was no menu to order from, just the buffet. The pancakes were cold and the food choices were limited. The deserts consisted of donuts and sweet rolls. I hesitated to give this place an average rating but I want to give them the benefit of doubt. There are much better restaurants in the area.

2  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Heard good things so went here after a trip to the state park. My cell was dead otherwise I would pose some sweet pics. Dated and tacky decor, I am guessing this place used to be something, but now is just tired. (depending on your viewpoint, this could be old-time atmosphere) An old tv played cartoons (?) during our lunch, which was very odd. The lunch buffet was a SYSCO special for sure. I did not find anything remotely homemade as other reviewers claimed. They list their restaurant as having 'homestyle' food which is quite different from homemade. (instant potatoes, etc. ) There was not one healthy choice on the buffet, or one green vegetable. Everything was swimming in fat/grease and/or bacon. Will never go back and will never recommend this place. Go up the street to The Barn or to Jen's Alpine in town.

3  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Kinda hard to find, but worth the effort. We had full breakfast brunch with fruit and desserts. A real treat for us both! We enjoyed it a lot. Old time atmosphere and great service.It wasn't our 1st, and we will be back soon. Loved it!

3  Thank Sixxpak