“Mediocre date night”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
“Mediocre date night”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Heard restaurant was under new ownership, so thought we'd give it a try. Price for the seafood buffet was reasonable at $12.99 per person - included soup, salad bar, buffet and dessert table. Salad bar was decent. Soup (seafood chowder) was very good Majority of food on buffet was average to less than, The battered cod was really good and the fried clam strips and shrimp was good. The dessert table had several options of homemade goodies.
Overall experience was mediocre at best. I'd go back and get the friday night cod instead of the buffet.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Andrea K

Baraboo
“prime rib buffet”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Heard plenty of advertising on radio for the prime rib buffet and new ownership. Kids and I decided to give it a try. Buffet was $14.95 for all you can eat. Includes the salad bar and desserts. Everything tasted good as my kids and I all tried different items. I would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Daniel W
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Not good”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were actually looking for a place called The Barn but were given the address to this place by mistake. We should have left when we walked in and there was no one else there. We decided to try the buffet. There was plenty of food and a fair variety but it was not good. The things that should have been hot were lukewarm. It was all high calorie food--breaded chicken, oversauced pork, gloppy mashed potatoes, etc. The salad bar was ordinary. The dessert bar was actually the best part, with cookies, brownies, etc. that were quite good. The people were extremely friendly but it was just a lousy meal. We were on vacation and looking for something special. Instead, my husband literally got sick an hour or so later because this food so disagreed with him. When we were leaving, a busload of elderly tourists arrived so maybe this is their normal clientele and they like it. But I would never advise anyone to try this place.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Christine M
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
“Over rated”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yes, the restaurant is in a barn which is somewhat unique. However, the service and food were not up to par. I was part of a group of 16 that stopped in on a Sunday morning. There was no menu to order from, just the buffet. The pancakes were cold and the food choices were limited. The deserts consisted of donuts and sweet rolls. I hesitated to give this place an average rating but I want to give them the benefit of doubt. There are much better restaurants in the area.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bill W
Baraboo, Wisconsin, United States
“Never again”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Heard good things so went here after a trip to the state park. My cell was dead otherwise I would pose some sweet pics. Dated and tacky decor, I am guessing this place used to be something, but now is just tired. (depending on your viewpoint, this could be old-time atmosphere) An old tv played cartoons (?) during our lunch, which was very odd. The lunch buffet was a SYSCO special for sure. I did not find anything remotely homemade as other reviewers claimed. They list their restaurant as having 'homestyle' food which is quite different from homemade. (instant potatoes, etc. ) There was not one healthy choice on the buffet, or one green vegetable. Everything was swimming in fat/grease and/or bacon. Will never go back and will never recommend this place. Go up the street to The Barn or to Jen's Alpine in town.

• Visited March 2014