“A Gastronomical Gem!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Sioux Falls, SD
“A Gastronomical Gem!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent this last weekend in Baraboo and didn't want to drive to the Dells and almost stumbled on to the Little Village Cafe for lunch. We were delightfully surprised to find a gourmet restaurant in a small town in Wisconsin. Food was reasonably priced, very delicious and out-of-the-ordinary. We went back again and again with cordial and efficient service. It reminded us of a typical restaurant in Santa Rosa, CA where the chef was from. We would highly recommend it. You
won't regret it!

2 Thank JackStengel

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Cute small town cafe.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in this cafe during the circus parade weekend. Great food and great service. They were as busy as a one-armed paperhanger but you never knew it by the speed of the service. Varied menu. Great atmosphere. Try it, you'll like it.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Excellent Food!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first time visiting this cafe and I will be back. Even if we are not in the immediate area it is worth the drive. I had the Wild Mushroom Ravioli in a cream pesto sauce that was out of this world delicious! I have a very picky 10 year old who had their mac and cheese and she said it was the best she ever had. My mom had the mozzeralla/mushroom burger and I had a bite of that and it was delicious! I cannot wait to return!!!

Buffalo Grove, IL
“Retro Diner, Good Food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is an interesting old diner. It has a soda fountain bar with the flat, round stools as well as booths and tables. There is a small town, friendly feel to the place. The servers are friendly and the service is good. The food was quite good for a small and simple restaurant in this area - especially after my disappointment with other area restaurants. I had the vegetarian split pea soup to start. It had a nice, though subtle flavor. Next I had a Caesar salad that had good flavors. For my main course I had blackened chicken with beans and chips. The chicken was very tasty with strong flavors and a real kick. The beans were tangy and tasted great when eaten with the chips. Though I did not have room for dessert, I was told they have great desserts. Looking at the selection of cakes and pies on display seemed to confirm that. The staff was very "down to earth" and "real". The atmosphere was 1950's. Since I was around then, it brought back good memories of times past. Younger travelers may have a different feeling about the décor. I would recommend this restaurant and would return if I am ever in the area again.

Germantown, Wisconsin
“Good lunch that hit the spot”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were very hungry after browsing the Sunday market and nearby shops. This little cafe was highly rated so thought we would give it a try. The food was very good. Had the Mediterranean wrap and husband had a salad with added salmon. Service was quick and attentive.

Been to Little Village Cafe? Share your experiences!