“Fantastic!!”

Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We have been to Gem City Saloon four or five times and have always enjoyed it. Gary makes you feel at home whether your group is two or 20. We have even been to a class reunion party which was great with 100 people.
The beer is great and cold, the pizza is out of this world (especially the gem city deluxe), and I have heard the nachos are also wonderful. They have a 1 pound bacon cheeseburger which looks like nothing you have ever eaten before, for only $10, with fries. If you like to shoot pool, you'll be very satisfied with their multiple tables. The locals pack the place after work and enjoy the horse shoe shaped bar.
All in all, you can't go wrong with a stop at Gem City Saloon!

Rochester, Indiana
“Pizza!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We ate here on a recent trip and they have great pizza. The place is in what appears to be the old downtown, not much going on down there really. The bar sits on the corner not much in the way of sign, but the beer and neon signs give away this buildings purpose. We ate here on a Sunday evening, there was only a bartender and a cook. The bar was two rooms, the rooms have high tin ceilings, brick walls it was a little darker than I would've liked, but good atmosphere. I'm guessing that most of the patrons were locals, this was a couple blocks off the main road. They had a couple TV's with sports on, good selection of alcohols, and yes there was much more on the menu than just pizza. But as we walked in I noticed a pizza on the table by the door and I knew that this was what I would be ordering. It was very good, nice pan pizza with plenty of toppings. Can't go wrong here, if I'm ever back through town I will stop back in.

• Visited August 2013
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Not just pizza”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Okay yes the pizza is fantastic but they also have great wings and nachos. The Gem burger is huge with home made fries and it is great. I never know what I'm going to have when I go there. I have not found anything that I wasn't happy with. Oh and the beer is cold and the help is friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Gem City is a great place to have pizza, both thick and thin crust, and a couple of beverages. Friday nights they have a DJ so you can dance if you want to. Staff is very friendly.

Visited July 2013
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“Pizza lovers get in line!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Gem City is a friendly clean bar with a terrific selection of bottled and draft beers. A group of us went there on a Saturday afternoon to watch the Badgers play Ohio State in Basketball, have a few beers and a bite to eat. Well, let me tell you, we were very happy with everything except the results of the game. Gem City has HD TV's all over the place but their giant HD TV was simply the greatest! Our group was able to relax and spread out yet everyone had "the best seat in the house!" But the pizza, I have to tell you about the pizza! Not only was it one of the best we've ever had, it was also plentiful. We ordered a large thick crust pizza and six of us had all we could eat with a couple of left over pieces! Great prices, great pizza great fun.
We'll be back!!