“Good food service was ok”
Review of Los Nopales - CLOSED

Los Nopales
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I will start with the good. I really enjoyed the food. I had Fajitas and they were very good. It had good flavor and was a large portion. The chips and salsa were ok. I am used to a little better grade of salsa at places like this, it was good just not as good as I am used to. The food also came up very quickly so it is a place you can have a quick lunch if you would like.

The service was ok. The server did not seem all that interested in his job.

The decor is fun and it would seem a lot of effort was put into the decor so that also is a plus.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

So the wife and i stopped while travelling thru. Service was good. Food was good. Prices are a good value. They could pay a little more attention to the cleanliness of the place. The blinds on the windows and the ceiling tiles were pretty disgusting.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food looked delicious, in fact we took pics. Once we stuck our forks in and started to eat we were VERY disappointed! The beef in the burritos was SO TOUGH you couldn't eat it. The food was very bland. When we asked for hotter salsa it tasted like they just added hot sauce not spicier ingredients.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I normally wasn't one for Mexican food, yet my husband loves it and I did want to try something different. So we pulled into this gem of a restaurant. IT WAS AMAZING!!! You get a big pile of nachos with salsa and their home made ranch salsa! The place was very thematic looking inside. The service was excellent (very friendly staff). The food was very cheap and very very VERY good tasting! I ordered a Tamale and it came with rice and refried beans. I have to say, this place changed my mind on Mexican food forever! We stop here now every time we go to Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo area. The saddest part is, it's never very busy inside.

1  Thank Pinkus P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We live in the Dells, and are so disappointed with the selection of Mexican food in the area. We finally started broadening our search, and tried Cinco de Mayo Mexican restaurant in Mauston. Never went back. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we then tried Jose’s Authentic Mexican Restaurant on the east side of Baraboo. We tried it 4 times, hoping to love it. Jose was so nice, but his food was not what we liked; it tasted dry and bland. And so crowded. We just didn’t get the appeal. Finally we tried Los Nopales. Oh my goodness. Sorry, but hands-down, Los Nopales is the winner in taste and flavor. My favorite dishes so far include the Taquitos Mexicanos (crispy, deep fried rolled corn tortillas, stuffed with tender, marinated beef or chicken), The Especial El Toro Fajitas, (huge serving of steak, chicken, shrimp and chorizo with onions, bell peppers, etc., and only $12!), The Burrito Norteno (gigantic flour tortilla filled with tender special-recipe shredded pork, with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole on the side), the chimichangas with cheese sauce on the top (which come with really good rice and beans, in addition to guacamole, lettuce and sour cream), and my absolute favorite, the Burrito Jalisco (gigantic flour tortilla again, but this time filled with 6 shrimp, grilled chicken and steak, rice and beans, and covered with tomato sauce and a cheese sauce that is crazy good). Of course they start you out with excellent chips and salsas, and are so quick to refill everything, including our sodas. I really think I could eat there every day, if my waistline would let me. Plan on to-go boxes for many items, though we like the flavors so much we usually just overstuff ourselves. I almost don’t want to write this review, because I don’t want the place to become too crowded and we go there weekly now, but they really do deserve the credit for creating excellent flavors at an excellent price!

2  Thank Heather H