“Fun time! Nice to just stop by for a few hours.”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #13 of 46 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Like that the non-smoking section is actually less smokey and less populated. Many staff members working to keep it clean. Not too noisy, either.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stopped by Ho-Chunk Casino after few days at the Dell.Positive side- very clean and friendly. Buffet was clean and had nice selection but food was cold. Disappointed I could not buy a t shirt or sweatshirt. Gift shop was just for smokers. No souvenirs.Liked that there was a $5 Blackjack table.Very Good because it was clean and friendly.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

They have removed a lot of machines in the casino because business has slowed and the people aren't coming there like before. Most machines have small payouts, and there not very often. The other thing is there buffet really has gone down hill, food is cold or over cooked and sometimes lacking flavor. There more interested in cutting corners and that is causing more and more people to stop going. If you complain they always have some story, instead of looking from the outside in and judging there problems there thinking is that they do nothing wrong. The locals have figured that out, hopefully you will too. The reviews that are positive are old ones they don't hand out much in the way of Comps anymore either.

5  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Love, love, love Ho-Chunk. Two hour drive, but so worth it. Love my host, who always provide us with great hospitality. He was able to get us a comped room on a very busy Saturday night LAST MINUTE!!! He also took the liberty to comp us to the very delicious seafood buffet. PLUS, he "Express pass'd" our receipt to the buffet meaning we walked right pass what looked like at least 80 people. I made sure I left a great tip for him. He even comped us three for breakfast. Easily a $300-$400 value. But whatever, I lose way more than that every time I come, so you get the point.

Now why do I love Ho-Chunk. Well, for one, I don't have to pay to stay overnight or eat. They send me decent amounts of free play. $100 in slot play, couple free night standard room offers (which doesn't really matter because my host always upgrades me to a VIP Suite), and buffets for up to four of my guests. Two, their table game minimums are a very modest $5 - $10, $5 dice games, and all of the slots you can dream of. Three is the atmosphere. Everyone is laid back, not whining or complaining. My money stretches quite long than if I were to go to the Horseshoe in IN. Very comfortable, relaxed mood setting.

Only a couple of things I don't like was on a weeknight (normally the times I like to go), there was only ONE dice game open. Ummmm, what's up with that??!!?? And guess what? It's PACKED!!!! Yeah, go figure. And the other thing was SOME of the dealers are just...ehh...not that interesting. I had one dealer on a dead Blackjack game sorting cards, I'm walking around browsing for a Blackjack game to play. Peripheral vision says she can definitely see me hovering over her game, but not ONCE did she look up at me to take notice. Which is quite sad because I am a Table Games Dealer myself, so I was very disappointed that she did not provide the customer service I expected.

I instead went to the Double Deck table and tipped Issac for every hand I played, win or lose. He gave me great conversation and great customer service. That's what it's about!!!

My experience at Ho-Chunk is always great. I like to go at least once a month.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I had a really good time here this past visit. The first 2 slot machines I tried were very tight, and I just lost all of my money right away in mere minutes. After that, though, I must have been hitting the looser machines! The machines I played later were letting me play for long periods of time, and I even left a little bit ahead for once! I did not win anything significant, but I kept accumulating smaller wins, and before you knew it, $20 turned into a little over $100. This happened twice, too! It feels nice to leave here ahead and it's a much better feeling than complete defeat! I found a really cool machine called "Haywire" which was fun to play. Certain winning plays make the machine go "Haywire" and you get that same payout again, up to 10 times. At first I thought my machine was screwed up and that I would need to get the attendant, but it is part of how this game works. This machine was "hot" and seemed to let me play a long time. I had a great time at Ho-Chunk Gaming WI Dells again and the atmosphere is so fun! It is nice having a little Vegas right here in Wisconsin! I already can't wait to return this summer!