“Smells like cigarettes”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #13 of 45 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Dousman, Wisconsin
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Smells like cigarettes”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First time here and I'm glad it's over. Place smelled like a giant cigarette. I thought that smoking was prohibited in public places. Oh well...live and learn. We did set a limit on betting and did have fun while it lasted. Like all things it must come to an end and it was a fun way to spend a part of the afternoon. So now we can cross this off the bucket list.

Visited June 2014

Marshalltown, Iowa
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Video Poker Gaming Action at Ho-Chunk”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Dells for a whole week and must have visited Ho-Chunk casino 6 or 7 times. We only play video poker and found the payouts on their machines are better than at our local casino. We won money 3 or 4 days and lost some the other days. All in all, I think we came out $10 or $20 down but we also played over $1700 worth of coins so roughly a 1% loss. I'll take that any time for the entertainment value.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank kpsiemsen
Madison, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wo Zha Wa bar horrible”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went up to meet the in laws and watch the Preakness at Ho Chunk, and met for lunch at the bar upstairs. It was dreadful.

My brandy old-fashioned was in a plastic dixie cup and tasted only of plastic and sugar. No brandy or fruit detectable. My father-in-law asked for a glass for his bottled beer and was told "we don't give out glasses on Saturday because the tables are uneven." Hmmm.... My husband's tap beer was warm and flat. He begged for a cold glass just to chill it.

Things didn't improve with the food. The waitress warned us off of the soup ("it looks terrible") and walleye sandwich ("resembles 3 fused fish sticks") so I went with a mediocre BLT. Others had their choice of very dry chicken or very dry beef. We should have sent it all back.

We won't be back anytime soon.

7 Thank steveandreb
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun time! Nice to just stop by for a few hours.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Like that the non-smoking section is actually less smokey and less populated. Many staff members working to keep it clean. Not too noisy, either.

Visited April 2014
Bloomington, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean & friendly. Poor gift shop”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stopped by Ho-Chunk Casino after few days at the Dell.Positive side- very clean and friendly. Buffet was clean and had nice selection but food was cold. Disappointed I could not buy a t shirt or sweatshirt. Gift shop was just for smokers. No souvenirs.Liked that there was a $5 Blackjack table.Very Good because it was clean and friendly.

Visited April 2014