“Typical casino”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #13 of 46 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for brunch at their buffet. The gaming floor looked like what you would see any moderate sized casino. The escalators up to the buffet was really cool though!

There are newer reviews for Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I guess if I had never been in a casino anywhere else in the world, the lack of remotely attractive cocktail waitresses would have not have even phased me. Their "cocktail waitresses" wore polo shirts and khakis, were at least 35 yrs old, and were all at least 20 lbs overweight. Their shirts should have had a sign that said "love me for who I am". Absolutely pathetic and really really sad.

Horrible excuse for a casino.

7  Thank Gizmo311
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First time here and I'm glad it's over. Place smelled like a giant cigarette. I thought that smoking was prohibited in public places. Oh well...live and learn. We did set a limit on betting and did have fun while it lasted. Like all things it must come to an end and it was a fun way to spend a part of the afternoon. So now we can cross this off the bucket list.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Dells for a whole week and must have visited Ho-Chunk casino 6 or 7 times. We only play video poker and found the payouts on their machines are better than at our local casino. We won money 3 or 4 days and lost some the other days. All in all, I think we came out $10 or $20 down but we also played over $1700 worth of coins so roughly a 1% loss. I'll take that any time for the entertainment value.

3  Thank kpsiemsen
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went up to meet the in laws and watch the Preakness at Ho Chunk, and met for lunch at the bar upstairs. It was dreadful.

My brandy old-fashioned was in a plastic dixie cup and tasted only of plastic and sugar. No brandy or fruit detectable. My father-in-law asked for a glass for his bottled beer and was told "we don't give out glasses on Saturday because the tables are uneven." Hmmm.... My husband's tap beer was warm and flat. He begged for a cold glass just to chill it.

Things didn't improve with the food. The waitress warned us off of the soup ("it looks terrible") and walleye sandwich ("resembles 3 fused fish sticks") so I went with a mediocre BLT. Others had their choice of very dry chicken or very dry beef. We should have sent it all back.

We won't be back anytime soon.

8  Thank steveandreb