“Lost a Lot Very Fast This Time”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #11 of 41 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Burlington, Wisconsin
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Lost a Lot Very Fast This Time”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently went to Ho Chunk for our annual summer WI Dells weekend. This time the slot machines we were playing seemed very tight, compared to our last few visits here. I lost $200 on slots in less than 2 hours, and I was even trying to pace myself. This time, it seemed like no machines I tried my luck at would even let me play. I don't expect to walk out of a casino a millionaire, but I do like to be able to have some fun playing before just losing all my money. I don't think any machines gave me any wins worth more than 30 credits at one time. I don't remember ever losing out so fast at Ho Chunk before. I like when the machines let you play for a little while, and that did not happen this time. In fact, I did not think it seemed like many people were having much success when I visited. The machines seem to be getting tighter and tighter every time I come here. The 2 friends I came with did not have much better luck, either. In the same, less than 2 hour time frame, the 3 of us lost close to $650 altogether. We have never had that miserable of a time at Ho Chunk, and I don't recall us ever being forced to leave in under 2 hours before. We are usually able to be here for closer to 4 hours before losing the same amount of cash. We still love Ho Chunk, but we had dreadful luck this time. I don't think we will be returning for quite a while.

2 Thank Mark E

Waukesha, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very tight slots”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The slots were very tight, I really didn't see any jack pots being hit like you would at other casinos especially as busy as it was. I wish I had my dinner before hitting the casino since everything closed at 10:00 pm only the snack bar was open and didn't look very appealing, you would think that they would have at least one restaurant would be open late in the casino.

2 Thank Robert F
Carson, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hotel”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were greeted at the door by a nice gentleman who delivered our baggage to our room. The room was nice and clean and the price was right. I was extremely pleased to see the bathroom sink was in the bathroom instead of in the room. It is much nicer to get ready in privacy of a bathroom instead of in the bedroom area. The lighting could be better in the bathroom. We enjoyed the private patio. We walked to the buffet for supper and were very satisfied. I would recommend Ho-Chunk improves their website to include pricing. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank 89VetteDriver
Minneapolis, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Typical casino”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for brunch at their buffet. The gaming floor looked like what you would see any moderate sized casino. The escalators up to the buffet was really cool though!

Boston, Massachusetts
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 477 helpful votes
“Lame "Cocktail Waitresses"”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I guess if I had never been in a casino anywhere else in the world, the lack of remotely attractive cocktail waitresses would have not have even phased me. Their "cocktail waitresses" wore polo shirts and khakis, were at least 35 yrs old, and were all at least 20 lbs overweight. Their shirts should have had a sign that said "love me for who I am". Absolutely pathetic and really really sad.

Horrible excuse for a casino.

Visited November 2013