“Hotel was great!”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #27 of 46 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a very comfortable, clean room. I would highly recommend a stay at the Ho-Chunk for a clean and quiet room. They also had a perk of 100. In gambling points which added to the fun.

All reviews
"prime rib"
"nice variety"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My parents and I had a great time at this casino. It was clean plenty of things to do. Love the new machines. The crab legs were great and the rooms were very nice.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

When you spend $100 in less than an hour, you expect to get a bonus right? That isn't the case. Machines are so tight it isn't fun to play here. Drink service is minimal. Stay away.

6  Thank iver0185
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Ho-Chunk Casino is located about a mile north of Baraboo Wisconsin on County Road BD (which is one block east of State Highway 12). It is also about 3-4 miles south of I-94 and the Wisconsin Dells. There were lots of blackjack tables, 100’s of slot machines, numerous video poker machines and a couple of lively craps tables. They have a good snack bar with huge ice cream cones and also had some self service beverage stations.

I went with my wife on a Friday night in early August and enjoyed playing craps, slot machines and video poker at this casino. I was given $50 of free play for signing up for a Players Card and really enjoyed playing with their money as the slot machine appeared to pay out better when I was using casino money (so it was fun winning a lot). We stayed at the attached hotel which was very convenient. We gambled in the evening and then got up and won some money in the morning after breakfast (we won enough to pay for our breakfast).

If you are in the Dells and want a break from children’s water parks and go-carts I recommend that you check this place out. After gambling for a while my wife and I broke even so I was happy with that (it’s better than losing). My only complaint was the bad cell phone reception inside the casino and the restaurants. The highlight was playing craps at a lively table where I played for a long time, had a great time and ended up about even. I read other reviews about tight slots at this casino but I thought they paid out at a reasonable rate.

2  Thank rockyjoe
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2014

They have tightened their machines so much, it is virtually impossible to not only win, but to even stay and play very long. You can sit there for hours without getting a bonus. When you do get a bonus, they pay very little. This is on every machine, no matter what day or time of day. It used to be fun and relaxing to go there, now all you do is sit and listen to people complain. The only good thing now is the parking lot doesn't even come close to half full anymore, so it is easy to get on any machine you want. The problem there is the way they have their machines now, you don't want a machine. I can see this place closing very soon. Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer and very quiet there. the place used to be packed, it was hard finding a parking space. But they got greedy and programmed their machines to be so tight, no one wants to go there anymore. I used to see so many "regulars", i don't see them any more. Plus the service is terrible.

6  Thank Ron K