“Overall nice place; a few issues” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center

Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Wisconsin
“Overall nice place; a few issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

PROS: Room was clean and good sized, bed was comfortable (triple sheeted), comfortable settees and ottomans, soaps and shampoos were good quality, marble counters, rain shower, fridge, micro, lots of outlets to charge devices.

CONS: Why do hotels pile ugly dirty decorative pillows on top of the clean linens on the bed? Yuck. There was one thin blanket on the bed. No extras in the room and I couldn't turn the temperature up. Brrr! Could have used more clean towels. The bathroom lighting is very dim. The TV stations were very few. No directory of restaurants, TV channels, etc. Bars and restaurants don't take credit cards.

5 Thank Bubbletone
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Customer Service is our main goal.
I will address your issues with the appropriate departments.
We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

the room was big and spacious. loved the private balcony that we had off the room. also there was a long shelf in the room which was great using it for a bar and other things. the bed was super comfortable and loved the rain shower. would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kendall24
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your favorable response. We strive to make Customer Service our number one goal.
See you soon.
Shakopee, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Ho-Chunk Casino Resort this past Sunday and it was great. We had a Premier King room with private balcony overlooking the courtyard! Very impressed with how modern and clean the room was. Everyone from the front desk to the bellman were all friendly which was nice to see. Food at the Steakhouse was phenomenal with exceptional service. This was our first visit to the property and were very impressed, however, we didn't like how none of the casino bars took credit cards, which was pretty annoying and made no sense to me, but otherwise, great place. Slots were pretty tight, but I guess it is a casino. Would definitely be back again.

4 Thank Dan B
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
i am so glad you enjoyed our facility. Customer Service is our main goal. Hope to see you again soon.
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend of fun and gambling, was quite put off when I waited in line 20 minutes to check in at 8pm on a Friday night, with only one person working the front desk. Although busy, she was nice and apologized for the wait. We asked if there were any promos included with our room and she included us on some deal so we could get promo cash and food GC's, which we would not have otherwise gotten. The rooms are a very far walk from the front desk, at least our was, and it's a really long walk from the front parking lot to the hotel entrance. The room was large and clean, and overall pretty quiet. I heard doors slamming and everyone's toilet flush but it was tolerable since I wasn't in the room much. My only other room complaint is that they don't have enough linenes on the bed. Just 3 small pillows on a king bed and a thin blanket on the bed, not a comforter or duvet, but a very thin blanket and a sheet. I like to be warm at night and it was uncomfortably cold for me, even though I turned up the room heat. The next night I asked for an additional blanket and got a nother thin one, but I was definitely more comfortable. Housekeeping came by at 8am, and asked if I wanted them to clean my room. I felt like I was bothering them by saying yes and felt rushed to get out of my room for the day. Yet when I came back at 5pm, there was still housekeeping people in the rooms next door. I know it's a big place but really, 8am? We walked arounf the pool/hot tub area, which was very nice, but a far walk from our room again. Breakfast buffet wasn't memorable but it was only $8 per person so I think we got our money's worth. I would stay here again in the future. Oh, and there's the baraboo candy company across the street that makes their own chocolate, very good and worth a trip but a little pricey.

2 Thank mschuh03
Thank you for your comments that happened during your stay. I will inform other departments of your experience. Please come back and give us another chance.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the HoChunk Casino hotel recently. Although we found the hotel's layout a bit widespread, we were very satisfied with our stay. Our room was of decent size, and it was certainly clean and comfortable. We both had a good night's sleep.

We definitely enjoyed the pool area too, what with it's swimming pool, full size spa, hot tub, and sauna.

The only thing we didn't like was the bathroom. It was dimly lit and only had a shower stall-no full bathtub.

My only other nitpick was the TV only had a few basic channels and I believe one local channel.

3 Thank Wolvesfan2
I am glad you enjoyed your experience at the casino. We are trying to improve the lighting in the bathroom. Please come back and see us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Food is great, casino is clean, hotel rooms are clean. Great place to hang out and gamble. Slots payback good at night. Free soft drinks. Only downfall is bars/servers/restaurant on gaming floor dont take credit/debit cards. So bring cash for drinks or you'll have to keep hitting atms

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank olfclvr
Thank you for your excellent review. Hope to see you again soon.
monticello
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We checked in later in the evening, so had no problems at front desk. We were there on a Thursday, so room was a little closer to the restaurants and casino. It seems like usually we are long walk from them. After getting our room key, we pulled around to the back door to unload. The key machine to open the door was broken. We had to walk to the north door, that was about a hundred yards away. Not to bad for us, but it could have been different for elderly customers. There was a small sign taped to the door. The rooms were nice a clean, as always. Except for the the door issue, I find this a nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank spencer516
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I am sorry to hear about the issue with your door lock. This has been addressed with our maintenance department.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#15 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Wintergreen Resort & Conference ...
#19 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!