“Good but a bit overrated.”

Jen's Alpine Cafe & Soup Ktchn
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Baraboo
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Food was good....but not that good. Cheese beer and sausage soup was good but a bit salty. Service great and atmosphere above average

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm a huge pancake fan when we are on the road. Theirs were good. Coffee was nice as well. The whole place screams old world charm. It's my sons favourite place for breakfast, I like it too and judging by everyone else in there, it's a winner!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stop here today for breakfast/lunch. First impression was very quaint, like we stepped back in time. The restaurant was neat and clean. A sign at the entrance invited us to seat ourselves. All staff we passed by on our way to our booth acknowledged us with a smile and greeting.

I opted for the breakfast special: Sunrise Breakfast Casserole w/Fruit and Toast, $5.25
The casserole was a basic ham, cheese, egg, etc. but very tasty. A good deal for the price.

Not quite sure what is prompting the bad reviews. Perhaps there were staffing problems last fall. I will be returning!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

First off, I own a business. This treatment is nothing close to any way I would treat MY clientele which is where I stem my comparison. My husband and I weren't greeted when we came in which set the tone-frowning faces from ALL employees was evident. After 15 minutes of waiting to order we looked around the 'old', dusty and dated decor. Our son was in a high chair that was busted and wobbly. Do not order their 'homemade' corned beef. This was just dried potato and mystery meat tossed in a sinful amount of oil for way too much money. Food was nothing short of disgusting. Our waitress Ellyn treated us like a pain in the bum, didn't smile once until she checked us out as we were leaving. Perhaps it was because I asked for her name as she may have got the hint at how displeased we were. Being from Chicago area, I cannot stand that their isn't more options around here to get breakfast- I am amazed this place is still open and saddened that people don't go elsewhere!!! Try next door and go to Birdie's. You'll get friendly service and piping hot food. As for this review, I don't leave them often, but when I do, it is because the overall of a service is BAD. Bad enough for me to spend the 5 minutes *warning* others about it!!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I have been coming here for awhile food quality has been declining along with the portions. Fish is like eating fish nuggets and I get a order fries and they give you about 7 pieces.