“A real kitchen nightmare”

Quindt's Towne Lounge
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Baraboo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sauk City, Wisconsin
“A real kitchen nightmare”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This place is a dump, hasn't been updated since the 80's and probably not given a thorough cleaning since then either. You enter the place through the bar, which has a lot suspended ceiling full of water stains. You are greeted by a hostile and slightly drunk old woman who assigns you to a table. If you ask for a different table, she becomes increasingly belligerent. The tables are cheap and rickety, the chairs are not much better. Everything in the dining area is old, dated, worn and dirty. The blonde waitress was rude and also seemed a bit hostile. The food was bland, undoubtedly coming out of a Sysco can or frozen. Our dinner rolls were dried out and were returned to the kitchen, most likely to be served again. The steaks were tough, greasy and full of gristle. The baked potatoes were old and dried out, almost as tough as the meat. The vegetable was some sort of frozen mix and was rubbery. The rude waitress did not return until we had given up and eaten most of it, all of our glasses were empty and we would have ordered several more drinks, given the opportunity. This place needs to be on "Kitchen Nightmares", it is that awful.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Ron H

Alexander City, Alabama
“Good for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We found the food to be good and the service even better! We had soup and sandwiches for lunch. They were good and the prices were very reasonable. We enjoyed it enough that we went back a few days later for the fish fry. The fried fish was just ok. It was a little greasy and the batter had no seasoning. However, I had the Reuben and it was good. The place could use a little updating, but it is clean, the staff is friendly, the food is good, and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“very small very old very crowded”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have been here a few times, we dont go back because i didnt like the 80's much. You walk in past the bar , kind of stand next to the bar and wait to get seated. The tables are like card tables at my grandmas house. You cant move your seat backwards or you will hit the guy behind you. the waitress has to pick a path to get to you. I cant imagine what this place is like on a friday night. The parking lot is always full. Yes COPS like it, a cop will sit across from this place. So if you drink you better not drive. The food reminds me of the 80's and not in a good way. the worst part for me is they have a working pop corn maker and it stinks up the place.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank wisconsinguy2424
Merrimac, Wisconsin
“My wife and I were running late Wednesday night so rather than go home and cook dinner, we stopped at Quindt's”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Quindt's Town Lounge is always good. The food is consistently good quality and the cost is always reasonable. We enjoyed a cocktail and draft beer prior to dining and nibbled on their complementary pop-corn while waiting for our orders. I had their chef salad which was out of this world. Healthy portions of cheese, ham, turkey hard boiled egg lettuce and red onion slices. My wife enjoyed the Towne Burger with their special waffle fries. Their burger is special, it's plenty big and done exactly as you asked for it. With tip we left pleasantly nourished spending about $25.00. Casual dining and a great value!

Visited March 2013
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Tired of Excuses I get from the blonde waitress.”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I've been going to Quindt's Towne Lounge for many years. When you order a salad and ask for red onions the first thing you hear from the blonde hair waitress, they go bad so we don't handle them. As a consumer I don't care charge me more. Should I bring my own. If you do any amount of cooking you know red and white have such a difference in flavor. When you get a refill I would appreciate if the waitress would not touch the top part of our glasses with her hands. The same hands that she picks up other customers discarded plates. When you see hash browns look really great on other customers plates so you order them for yourselves and yours come to you and they are white and pale? You ask why? The cook is really busy and had a rush of orders? What an excuse is that to tell the customer. Not good enough. So do I get a reduce price for my food is not as a good as the people across the room? I personally thinks she needs to slow down and think about customer service first. Then we have atmosphere, pictures looked nice when they were first hung on the wall. Another thing....when you ask for a four top table you would think you are breaking a law. I really don't care which waitress turn it is; especially when it is after lunch and you have seven tables available... you have to ask don't they want the customers to come in? Regarding the food it was o.k. prices not a great value.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank BobnPenny59686

Been to Quindt's Towne Lounge? Share your experiences!