“Great stop!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped in after a day of hiking at Devil's Lake. We were sat right away, had an attentive waiter who offered great recommendations. He brought out of appetizers right away and not long after we had our meals brought out. All in all, quick place for a great bite to eat. Would definitely go back!

There are newer reviews for Log Cabin Family Restaurant

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were recently in Baraboo and ready for a good breakfast. Asked around and one young girl mentioned IHOP. Now - not saying there is anything wrong with IHOP but we wanted something more local. A more experience traveler suggested Log Cabin Family Restaurant. We were welcomed with a smile by the hostess and waited only a few minutes for a table even though they were very busy on this Sunday morning. Water, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice came out quickly. Took a few minutes to decide what to order as the selection was generous. Our food came out quickly and was good and hot. Waitress joked with us a bit and her happy attitude made the food taste even better!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visiting Baraboo area and looking for place to eat. Garmin took us to places there was no restaurant and we ended up finding this place. Very pleasant surprise. Nice inside, very good food with lots of fresh baked and home made items. Friendly staff and reasonable prices. Next time we are in Baraboo/Dells area we will definitely come back.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped here late one night on vacation--we had checked into Great Wolf Lodge and were looking for a place to eat after closing down the waterpark at 9pm...wanted to avoid the Denny's and other bad restaurants at the waterpark triangle near the interstate so drove into Baraboo (sp?) and happened across this place. It was still open at 9:10 (they don't close until 10pm) so we lucked out. It was pretty good--just home cookin' type of food. I thought it was actually a chain restaurant because they have professional looking posters hanging out front (think Golden Corral or Tippin's) but I believe it is a local place. I had coconut shrimp, which were just okay, not the best ever, but I was starving and they were good. My husband had some sort of BLT wrap, which he said was good. My kids had the kids' roast beef with mashed potatoes, which they devoured. I also took a piece of the strawberry pie to go, which was pretty good. Service was good--one of our kid's orders was wrong, but the server corrected it without a problem, and I appreciated that they didn't act like it was a big deal that we walked in close to closing time. I would go back if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were visiting in Baraboo so stopped into the Log Cabin for dinner before we left for home. The meal was excellent. I had the Coconut shrimp platter with a side of green beans, and garlic mashed that arrived steaming hot and plentiful. My daughter and son had thick (surprisingly just like the picture) sandwiches and fresh crunchy home fries. As we waited for our main meal, we savored the hot fresh rolls and apple cakes with whipped honey butter and enjoyed the delightful woodsy atmosphere. The service was pleasant and attentive leaving us feeling full and well cared for. We will definitely make it our favorite place to eat when in Baraboo.