Inn at Wawanissee Point
US$59
US$50
Good 3.5/5
Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$123
Travelocity
WilloWood Inn(Baraboo)
Great 4.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswine and cheeseb bbordeaux roombed and breakfastoverlooking lakethe secret gardenhiking trailsnatural beautyromantic getawayfrittatathought of everythinggracious hostsdevil's lake state parkwords cannot describegive it a shotamazing weekenddevil's head
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2012

What a fantastic place, experience, and couple who run it! I went for a Fall weekend with my girlfriend for her birthday weekend, and we couldn't have been more pleased! Great view on the bluff, great grounds to hike, beautifully kept grounds, fire pit, great breakfast, excellent wine & cheese happy hour each day, and really nice, good people running the inn! I give it 5 stars. And, I would return in a minute!

Tim (Chicago)

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I want to be upfront- I haven't stayed at the Inn at Wawanissee Point. My mother and I accompanied by brother as he made reservations for his wedding night. The reception we were given by the owners was unlike any other experience I have ever had. I have grown up in Baraboo, and I have the dirt of the Baraboo Bluffs under my nails (metaphorically speaking, of course). I have never met two people more dedicated to sharing the beauty, love, and hospitality of our natural area.

The detailed craftsmanship, family effort, and design talent wrapped up in this home is breathtaking. When I was being given the family history behind some of the artwork I think I actually had to remind myself to breath. There was more than time that my mom and I caught each other with tears in our eyes. The love and family history is in every stone, panel, and slab you see.

My sister-in-law loved the surprise destination on her wedding night. It was appropriate for her husband to share the view of the land he loves with her as they set out on their life together. They are settling in Baraboo now...And I hope to send them back to the Inn on their 5 year anniversary.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room- ANY room will be the best you've ever had!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was our first time staying at a B&B and I am afraid I will never try another again; The Inn at Wawanissee Point is the only B&B for me! Upon arriving, the grounds were beautiful and the home was gorgeous! Inside, the spectacular craftsmanship was amazing. Our room, (the Birdsnest) had outstanding views of Devil's Lake State Park and of the Wisconsin River. Extremely comfortable bed and bedding, our own heat/air control and fantastic shower. The B&B is situated on 42 wooded acres, including trails and a stream. Our hosts, Trudy and Dave were very down to earth and welcoming. Wine and cheese hour in the Indigo Lounge was wonderful. The breakfasts were unique and so very delicious. Only the best for their guests! Trudy and Dave have all the local restaurant menus and will happily recommend and make reservations. Please don't think, "Baraboo, WI; the Dells, too touristy. Quite the opposite, actually. Beautiful, peaceful location for a healing retreat. I could go on and on.....

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, however, the rooms with the view of Devi's Lake State Park; outstanding.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Beautiful home, amazing views, perfect location, delicious breakfast and truly gracious hosts. Trudy and Dave made this visit even more relaxing. They booked all our dinner reservations, and were very knowledgeable about the area, what to eat, where to go, etc. It was a perfect, romantic getaway weekend.

Room Tip: I loved the view from the Tepee Room. Checkout the web cam view on their website. That's the view from the deck in the Tepee Room. Tepee is the only room with a deck. ;)
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We spent two nights here as a special treat for my husband's birthday, based on other people's reviews. We really had a very nice stay. Our hosts were very gracious, and our room was so nice --- very quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good (those pumpkin cookies were delish!). The view is absolutely amazing, and it was wonderful to be able to walk their trails, especially with the changing colors.

We felt bad that we didn't participate in the evening wine and cheese social --- we just prefer to eat dinner early, so by 5:30, were already on our way to dinner. However, speaking of dinner, our hosts had plenty of great recommendations, including a place across the water, which turned out to be great..

This is the perfect place for a special weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lower level, which was private and very quiet.