“A little slice of heaven!”

Inn at Wawanissee Point
Ranked #1 of 4 Baraboo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here to celebrate Valentine's Day weekend in 2012 and absolutely LOVED our stay! The views of Lake Wisconsin are tremendous, the property is stunning, the amenities are fabulous, and the owners, Dave and Trudy, couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating! The Inn itself is within a stone's throw to Devil's Lake State Park and Devil's Head resort, and the Dells are within just a few minutes drive, so don't be fooled by its location on the map. If you favor B&B's that are high quality, *extremely* clean, and serve excellent gourmet food, you will find yourself enjoying a little slice of heaven here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful, but the Teepee room is probably the best with its little balcony. The...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights with freinds, and had a wonderful time. Sat around fireplace and enjoyed light snack and wine with owners. Walking around and looking at the well appointed facility, I recognized the quality of workmanship they put into building the home/bed n breakfast. The woodworking and other hand made artwork is very impressive. Very nice walking trails for a morning or evening strolls. Owners were very helpful in guidinng us to other attractions and scenery.

Room Tip: We had the room upstairs with a pool and fireplace. Not sure of the room name. Very nice
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2012

A perfect stay. A warm, friendly escape from the city in a clean, comfortable, luxurious house with all amenities. The room was silent, beautifully maintained. A delicious breakfast, great wine and cheese service. And great snowboarding at Devil's Head around the corner. If you're looking for a lively Saturday night you may have to search a little harder than us but we came mostly for the quiet anyway. Would love to come again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

What a fantastic place, experience, and couple who run it! I went for a Fall weekend with my girlfriend for her birthday weekend, and we couldn't have been more pleased! Great view on the bluff, great grounds to hike, beautifully kept grounds, fire pit, great breakfast, excellent wine & cheese happy hour each day, and really nice, good people running the inn! I give it 5 stars. And, I would return in a minute!

Tim (Chicago)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I want to be upfront- I haven't stayed at the Inn at Wawanissee Point. My mother and I accompanied by brother as he made reservations for his wedding night. The reception we were given by the owners was unlike any other experience I have ever had. I have grown up in Baraboo, and I have the dirt of the Baraboo Bluffs under my nails (metaphorically speaking, of course). I have never met two people more dedicated to sharing the beauty, love, and hospitality of our natural area.

The detailed craftsmanship, family effort, and design talent wrapped up in this home is breathtaking. When I was being given the family history behind some of the artwork I think I actually had to remind myself to breath. There was more than time that my mom and I caught each other with tears in our eyes. The love and family history is in every stone, panel, and slab you see.

My sister-in-law loved the surprise destination on her wedding night. It was appropriate for her husband to share the view of the land he loves with her as they set out on their life together. They are settling in Baraboo now...And I hope to send them back to the Inn on their 5 year anniversary.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room- ANY room will be the best you've ever had!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was our first time staying at a B&B and I am afraid I will never try another again; The Inn at Wawanissee Point is the only B&B for me! Upon arriving, the grounds were beautiful and the home was gorgeous! Inside, the spectacular craftsmanship was amazing. Our room, (the Birdsnest) had outstanding views of Devil's Lake State Park and of the Wisconsin River. Extremely comfortable bed and bedding, our own heat/air control and fantastic shower. The B&B is situated on 42 wooded acres, including trails and a stream. Our hosts, Trudy and Dave were very down to earth and welcoming. Wine and cheese hour in the Indigo Lounge was wonderful. The breakfasts were unique and so very delicious. Only the best for their guests! Trudy and Dave have all the local restaurant menus and will happily recommend and make reservations. Please don't think, "Baraboo, WI; the Dells, too touristy. Quite the opposite, actually. Beautiful, peaceful location for a healing retreat. I could go on and on.....

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, however, the rooms with the view of Devi's Lake State Park; outstan...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Beautiful home, amazing views, perfect location, delicious breakfast and truly gracious hosts. Trudy and Dave made this visit even more relaxing. They booked all our dinner reservations, and were very knowledgeable about the area, what to eat, where to go, etc. It was a perfect, romantic getaway weekend.

Room Tip: I loved the view from the Tepee Room. Checkout the web cam view on their website. That's the v...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Victorian Dreams Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn at Wawanissee Point? Share your experiences!