“A Very Good Stay”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our first stay at this Baraboo Best Western. We are in the Wisconsin Dells - Baraboo area through out each year. This was by far the best value which included an attentative friendly staff and a very clean room. We will definately be back again this year

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

MarkrS6096HK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the stay you had with us. I know that your time is valuable, and I want you to know that I truly appreciate that you’ve taken your time to look back on your stay and share.

Our staff has a collective heart for hospitality. I know that they will be happy to read your review ( I always share the TripAdvisor reviews with our staff), and that your kind words will affirm the work that they do. I especially want to thank you for noting that your room was clean. Housekeeping is an important, but often time thankless, job in any hotel. I know the housekeepers will be especially happy to know their efforts made a positive impact on your stay.

We, our management team, work to maintain our rates and keep providing our guests great value for their dollar. Our area provides a lot of reasons for people to come visit, and while supply and demand do generally set our rates- we try to make a trip to Baraboo affordable (and that much more enjoyable).

I am looking forward to seeing you again, and please know that you are more than welcome to contact me if you should thank of any further feedback you’d like to share!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight Feb 15th to enjoy the local Snow Train dinner. The fellow at the front desk when we arrived was very friendly and offered to act as our concierge if we needed ideas for things to do. But, the staff was even more helpful when I called after returning home to ask if my wife had left her electric toothbrush there. They called back saying that they had found it and promptly mailed it to us. When I called to thank them and offered to pay the shipping cost they said it was minimal and not to worry. That's service!

1  Thank 4RTO

4RTO,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews like yours. I am also very grateful that you took the time to share your impressions with our fellow TripAdvisors.

Daniel, the front desk clerk who offered to act as concierge, truly has a heart for hospitality and also for our area. He will be so glad to know that his attitude and efforts made a positive impact on your stay. We have been blessed with a staff that truly strives to serve and build relationships with guests.

We don’t always take care of the cost of shipping forgotten items, but often times when the shipping cost is minimal (not rush delivery and small items) we are able to cover the cost. I am very glad that your toothbrush made it to you efficiently!

I hope the Snow Train trip was wonderful. We are so lucky to have such activities in our area, and we do have an incredibly beautiful area to enjoy by train! I hope we get to see you again this year- Baraboo is always beautiful! Please feel free to contact me or our front desk for ideas for your next visit-

Reviewed 17 February 2014

easy access to hotel. plenty of hot water, shower head had multiple spray options and easy adjustability(a must for me).very nice pool and hot tub area. had sunday breakfast in atrium, great service by attendants. friendly, helpful staff

Room Tip: odd numbered rooms are on highway side ,so you hear a little traffic noise , but nothing to stop you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Danno,

I’m so glad that you were able to have a pleasant stay while in Baraboo. I am even happier to know that we were a positive part of this time!

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff for their great service. Our staff truly shares a heart for our guests, and I know they are all encouraged to know when they have made a positive impact on someone’s stay.

I will also be passing along a couple of compliments from you to our head of maintenance, Steve. His efforts helped you enjoy your hot shower and good water pressure, and he also maintains the pool and hot tub that you enjoyed. Most people don’t think to share gratitude for a good shower, but there is a person to be thanked, and he is often times overlooked. Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

Please let me know if there is anything else you noticed- if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns. I would be happy to continue this discussion,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great hotel and staff. Very clean. Beds and pillows not comfortable. My wife and I had a very uncomfortable time sleeping due to pillows. Besides the bed the thing that most brought the rating of this hotel down was the new owners/management decision to abandon the breakfast they had in the attached lounge. It was really great. But when you go CHEAP you sacrifice quality. Now the breakfast is a total bummer. Eat elsewhere of better yet stay at the Comfort Inn across the street. The breakfast selections were poor, food quality was poor, taste poor, eggs and ham cold, no attendant on duty.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordon L

Gordon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and experience at our hotel with us. We look to our email surveys and TripAdvisor to learn more about the areas in which we are doing well and areas in which we need to make improvement.

I want to thank you for complementing our helpful staff and the cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our housekeeping and front desk staff.

I know that our General Manager, Melissa, sent you a response to your survey regarding the changes we’ve made to our breakfast, but I am going to repeat much of what she said here so that our fellow TripAdvisors can be kept up to date as well.

I first want to assure you that our management (Melissa- GM and myself) are still in place at our property. Melissa has been in management at our hotel for about 8 years- maybe more. She and I made the call to change back to a hot breakfast buffet after reviewing over one year’s worth of guest reviews.

We had several people who enjoyed the change, but the overwhelming shared theme of our guest feedback was that the option of having cooked-to-order was less preferable to serving oneself. The sit-down option was inconvenient for guests staying with us on business, traveling with children, on a schedule, etc.

We had initially made the change in an effort to improve our breakfast scores by providing a more individualized breakfast experience, but after a year of response our breakfast score had decreased (slightly).

We are actually still making our scrambled eggs and other hot items in the kitchen (the exact same way we had previously) throughout the morning so that the food is fresh. We are also rotating our menu items, so that any guest staying more than one night will have a different option available to them throughout the week.

I want to assure you that this change was made in response to guest demand. If, after a year, we had seen a huge improvement with breakfast satisfaction scores we would have happily kept the breakfast formatted as it was; however, this was not the case. The change was not made because of a significant amount of money saved.

I know that breakfast served is within the top deciding factors for prospective hotel guests, but also within the top three are friendliness and cleanliness. I am sorry that the breakfast change will be leading you to try another property, but please know we would be happy to have you back if you find friendliness and cleanliness to be more important than breakfast format.

I would be happy to discuss this change with anyone, including yourself, interested in knowing more details about our decision,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was a nice, clean hotel for a good value. The staff was very willing and helpful. The food in the lounge and at the breakfast was very good. Both the staff and other visitors were very friendly. Nice place to stay.

Therese,

I am so thankful that you took time out of your day to share your experience at our hotel. I am especially glad that our hotel and staff were a positive part of your time in Baraboo.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our housekeeping staff for keeping our hotel clean. I will also post your compliment about our helpful staff for all departments. It is incredibly encouraging to all of our staff members to know when their efforts have been noticed.

I am especially appreciative of your kind words regarding your experience in both the attached lounge and in our breakfast room. We recently made some changes to our breakfast and we are very eager for any feedback. If you have additional comments or suggestions please feel free to call or email me.

I absolutely love our guests- it made me smile to know that you not only found our staff friendly but also the other guests in the hotel! I really enjoy the area in which I live and work, and mostly because of the kind people in our area. After working at this hotel for a little more than half a decade I am beginning to think that kind people draw kind people…There seems to be an awful lot of nice people visiting our nice little town.

Again, thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me with any further feedback or future questions.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My boyfriend and I try to get up to the Baraboo/Dells area at least a few times a year. We always debate where to stay and the last 3 years it pretty much been this place. I can say we haven't had any bad experiences yet. Staff has been professional, polite and welcoming. Our rooms were always clean. We loooooove Bonzos! I guess if I had to say one negative thing it would be, one of the king beds in a room we stayed in was rock hard. My poor back the next day was out of whack! Thanks BW! We will be see you very soon!

Room Tip: Don't believe all the bad stuff out there. :-) Suggest a room not on the first floor.... 2nd...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Ashley,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel when you are in the area. We absolutely love when our guests become regular visitors, giving us the opportunity to get to know you and serve you better.

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I assure you that your compliments will be shared with the front desk, housekeeping, and Bonzos staff. I especially appreciated your kind words about our cleanliness- housekeeping is hard work and is often time unnoticed. I know this department will be especially glad their efforts to ensure your comfort were appreciated.

Bonzos staff is always thrilled to know when their food, drink, and service is a positive part of our guests’ hotel stay. I will pass along your *love* to the staff!

I want to apologize that the bed in your room did not meet comfort expectations. I would very much appreciate if you could contact me (my phone and email are listed below) with further information so I can check the mattress in that room. Even though a hotel stay has become so much more than a place to sleep, I still feel our most basic function is to provide a comfortable, quiet, and clean bed for guests away from home. I’d like very much to correct this concern.

Thank you, again. Please feel free to contact me with any question, comment, or cocern,

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Have been to this hotel in the past but not for awhile. Still a very nice hotel with a great location.
The staff was very friendly and outgoing. They do have a restaurant but was unable to eat there this time around. Beds are Very comfortable that I didn't want to get up for work the next day! LOL

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Brent S,

I am very glad to hear that you returned to our hotel to find it equally convenient and enjoyable. Reading reviews from guests who have stayed more than once with positive experiences is such great affirmation for our staff!

I will make sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. I have been blessed with a staff that has a heart for people and for our area. I am so glad that this was evident during your stay, and I know they will be happy to know this affected your stay in a positive way.

Providing a comfortable nights’ sleep away from home is still, in my mind, our primary function for hotels. I am glad you were able to get a good night’s sleep! We have pillow top mattresses, and I we get a lot of compliments on their comfort. We’ve actually had couples call the hotel asking what brand they are because after leaving they decided our mattresses were so comfortable they wanted one for home!

I hope you will be back in our area soon, and that the next time you come you might have time to try the restaurant. Please feel free to contact me anytime with further thoughts or comments,

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#27 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!