“great people”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

this motel has the nicest people working there. they all go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. the room is comfortable and attractive. the breakfast is better than most continental breakfasts

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Robert G,

Thank you, again, for sharing yet another stay with our fellow TripAdvisors. We are always happy to have you back with us, and I am even happier to hear that we continue to please.

Our staff cherishes our guests, like yourself, that return to stay with us again. It allows us to opportunity to know your needs better and serve you better. I hope this is always the case- that you always return to experience great service because of a staff that cares for you.

I am also glad that you are finding the breakfast satisfactory. If there is ever anything that you’d like to see served for breakfast please let our front desk or breakfast room attendant know. We do keep track of guest suggestions, and we are happy to add something that we know is desired.

When we changed back to the continental we did decide to change the “menu” from day to day so that our guests could enjoy variety when visiting for more than one night. We are hoping to provide a quick breakfast, but we also want to make sure we provide options at the same time.

Thank you, Robert, again. We look forward to the next trip you make to Baraboo. See you then!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

i did have lots of issues with the internet which bothered me as my phone would not work with out it i tried several time to connect to it but it would not i did tell someone about it but it seemed to be just my phone it was a great hotel with friendly staff breakfast was not to bad

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie D

Marie D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impression and experience at our hotel. We are very grateful for the feedback, and I look forward to any more information you can provide that might make our service and product better for future guests.

I am always happy to hear when a guest leaves our hotel knowing our staff has truly cared for them. We strive to not only be friendly to our guests, but we want to provide superior service. The human side of hospitality is the most important to our brand because when you care for your guests you will inevitably provide the best experience within your means.

I am so sorry to hear that your phone had issues connecting to our wireless internet. I would be interested- if you have the time to email me- which provider you have for your phone service. I don’t think that it should affect the wireless- just your data plan- but we do only have 2 providers (US Cellular and Verizon) that consistently provide good connectivity for cellular service in our area of Wisconsin.

We generally have good guest reviews of our wireless service within the hotel, and we pay for a service that provides room specific access- in our guest books there is a number that guests can call (toll free from the in-room phone) to speak to our provider and have step by step help connecting if there are issues. Please know, for future stays, that this is always an option.

Lastly I want to thank you for sharing that you found our breakfast sufficient. If you have any suggestions as to how we can improve this amenity I would appreciate any information. We recently switched back to a continental/buffet, and while we’ve tried to make sure there are sufficient options we are always happy for more feedback.

Thank you, again. I hope you are enjoying the end of winter and the beginning of spring! We hope to see you in Baraboo again, and please know I am available should you have any further thoughts or concerns,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I took another trip to the WI Dells area as an "early spring break getaway" to see some friends, go to the casino, and visit some of the Dells' shops. After my past experiences at Best Western in Baraboo, I didn't have to think twice to decide to stay here again for one night! I was not disappointed! My stay was excellent again, thanks in large part to the dedicated, caring staff. I was checked in by Ciara. She was very friendly and quick and efficient with my check-in. The envelope with my room key cards had "Welcome Back" written on it, which made me feel like the hotel was happy to have me back! This time I had a room on the 1st floor that faced back. I had never stayed on the 1st floor here before, but it was kind of nice not having to use stairs or elevator every time I was coming or going. I was also in a room just steps from the lobby/front desk area. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable as always, which is another big draw to this hotel for me. The beds here are extremely comfortable. I had just gotten my luggage into the room and settled in to relax for an hour or so before meeting a friend for dinner and going to the casino in the evening when the phone in my room rang. It was Ciara calling to make sure the room was satisfactory. I thought this was a very nice gesture, and I don't recall a hotel ever going this far to ensure that everything was to my liking. She reminded me to call or stop by the front desk if I needed anything or had any problems. I was impressed with this level of customer service! I slept well here again, and everything was great! I was kind of disappointed that breakfast returned to the original continental format in the atrium because I really enjoyed the made-to-order format in Bonzo's last time. However, I enjoyed the selection of items available, and they still have a nice variety of hot and cold items. I did spend less time at breakfast again having it back to grab-and-go, so I guess that was kind of nice. I chose to use the pool area for a little bit in the morning. Daniel was working the morning shift and entered the pool area to check something. Upon seeing me, he said "Nice to see you again Mr. Ehlen". I could not believe he remembered my name! This shows how much he cares about his customers and wants them to feel welcome. He asked how my night was. The pool area is always fun to use here, and the pool and hot tub are always nice temperatures--not too hot, not too cold. The kids using the pool area when I was could have had more manners, but this is not the fault of the hotel, and I still had a nice time down there. When I checked out, Daniel said that he hoped to see me again soon and was glad I had another nice visit. It was another great stay at Best Western, and the staff truly makes it an enjoyable place to stay! I will be back the next time I'm in the area, probably next year some time. I paid about $30 more for the night this time than I did last time, but it must be a different "season" now, and I still felt that $99 before taxes was a great value!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Mark,

I don’t know how to thank you for this feedback. Of course I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return to our property, but I was especially thankful for your kind words for Ciara. The night you stayed with us last week was actually one of her first shifts working at the front desk by herself. I am so glad to know that she made a positive impact on your stay, but I also know your words will affirm her and grow her confidence in the service industry. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to share your experience.

I will be printing off your response to share with Ciara and Daniel, both. Daniel has been with us for a couple of years, and I know he is a blessing both to our staff and our guests. He truly has a heart for people, and that heart makes him perfect for hospitality. I am very glad that he recognized you, Ciara followed up on your room with a welcome call…all of what you shared is what we hope our staff does to communicate that we, as a hotel and staff, care for our guests. I am so unbelievably encouraged to know that this is happening, and I am more encouraged to know that our newest staff member is following suit!

In commenting on the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room and the pool area you’ve managed to compliment both housekeeping and maintenance. These two departments are most often overlooked when guests have the opportunity to complement our staff. Thank you for noting their efforts. I know they will also be encouraged to know that their work was noticed and appreciated.

Lastly- I want to thank you for your feedback on the breakfast change. I am sorry that the change was not what you were looking for, but I am glad you noted the positive aspects of the change as well as your disappointment. You actually noted the primary reason for the change- time. We served breakfast in Bonzos for a little more than a year, and we then evaluated all of the feedback we’d gotten from our guests. The majority of the feedback indicated that our guests liked the idea of cooked-to-order, but that they preferred something quicker and more convenient. Taking this into consideration we decided returning to the continental/buffet style while adding more options and rotating the hot items offered (we change what we serve daily so that guests staying more than one day can have something different each morning) would offer our guests more tailored options along with convenience. I hope you continue to see the benefit of this change.

We will look forward to seeing you again- and I look forward to more feedback from you in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly any time with questions, comments, or concerns-

Sales and Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff was friendly, room was nice. Breakfast was hot. This place met all my demands when I'm on the road, except the Wi Fi was crappy. Would stay there anytime I'm in Baraboo. I will check Best Westerns through out the Midwest as that's my business travel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Tom,

I always appreciate whenever a guest shares their impressions and experiences with us here on TripAdvisor, but I especially appreciate reviews like yours that share both areas in which we are doing well and provide suggestion for improvement!

I will, of course, pass your compliments along to the staff for their friendliness. We have been blessed with a staff that truly strives toward Midwestern hospitality. I am, and I know they will be, very pleased to know that their efforts and attitudes were not lost on you!

We recently changed our breakfast format, and I am very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast we provide. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to our General Manager. She has overseen several changes in format in an effort to find the right fit for our guests. The more feedback we have the better our chances of finding that right fit will be!

Lastly, I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered with our WiFi. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I want to make sure I tell you about our internet support. I don’t know if you called down to the desk while you were encountering the issues, but we do have 24 hour support for our wireless provider. Our front desk can call them and have them look at individual rooms’ connections- their information is also in our guest book in the rooms for you to call yourself if you’d prefer. Occasionally the internet issues do require a reset on our access points, but we can do this easily.

I hope we’ll see you again soon, Tom. Please feel free to call or email me should you have any further questions, thoughts, etc.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

With many hotels in the Wisconsin Dells area over-charging for sub-par rooms and service, the Best Western in Baraboo has the nicest rooms I have stayed in, and is also priced at a very reasonable rate. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I travel to the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

April,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We were very glad to have you back with us this winter!

We do our best to balance cost and product. It can be difficult to make improvements, remain competitive, and keep costs low. We do, however, like to serve our guests by keeping our costs and your rates low. Thank you so much for this particular feedback. I am very glad to know that we keeping ourselves affordable.

We will look forward to having you back with us the next time you find yourself out of Iowa and back in our area! As always, feel free to contact me should have any questions!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We went up mid week to celebrate my fiance's birthday and go skiing. It rained all week and we did not even get to go skiing but that did not spoil our fun. We had a room with a hot tub which was awesome. Plus the hotel is close to the dells and we always found stuff to do. Like most of Wisconsin the people we very nice. This will be the place i go to next winter when I visit Baraboo, hopefully next time we can get some skiing in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Jjsanteforte,

I am so sorry that our weird winter rain ruined your skiing opportunity! That was, for all of us, a very strange week of weather. I am very glad that you were able to make the best of your time in the Baraboo-Dells area. Being a positive part of people’s special time here is always our aim.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room. The hot tub rooms that we have are really nice for special getaways, and they are especially nice during the winter- whether snow or rain is falling.

We look forward to having you back next year. I am sure we’ll have snow on the ground, and I am also sure we’ll still be near the ski hills! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with us and fellow TripAdvisors, and as always, please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or thoughts,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our first stay at this Baraboo Best Western. We are in the Wisconsin Dells - Baraboo area through out each year. This was by far the best value which included an attentative friendly staff and a very clean room. We will definately be back again this year

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

MarkrS6096HK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the stay you had with us. I know that your time is valuable, and I want you to know that I truly appreciate that you’ve taken your time to look back on your stay and share.

Our staff has a collective heart for hospitality. I know that they will be happy to read your review ( I always share the TripAdvisor reviews with our staff), and that your kind words will affirm the work that they do. I especially want to thank you for noting that your room was clean. Housekeeping is an important, but often time thankless, job in any hotel. I know the housekeepers will be especially happy to know their efforts made a positive impact on your stay.

We, our management team, work to maintain our rates and keep providing our guests great value for their dollar. Our area provides a lot of reasons for people to come visit, and while supply and demand do generally set our rates- we try to make a trip to Baraboo affordable (and that much more enjoyable).

I am looking forward to seeing you again, and please know that you are more than welcome to contact me if you should thank of any further feedback you’d like to share!

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
#25 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area
7 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites at Wisconsin Dells Lake Delton
Hampton Inn & Suites at Wisconsi...
#9 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!