“Nice Hotel with a Nice price”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very nice Suite with King size Bed & Hot Tub. The hotel staff knows how to service there guests. They offer a very nice continental Breakfast and hotel restaurant offered a very nice Friday Night Fish Fry with plenty of food & reasonable price. I will return to the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

576ThomasR,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us in the King Whirlpool Suite. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us in Baraboo.

The King Suite Room is one of my favorite rooms in the hotel. It is the only room of its kind at our property, and while rarity doesn’t always mean worthiness, I do think this is a fantastic option for a getaway. Not only does it offer two televisions, a hot tub, separate living and bedroom, but it is in our south wing (set farther back from the road), and it faces away from the road.

I am very grateful for your kind words for our staff. We have been blessed with a staff that truly cares for our guests, and they all strive to offer superior guest care. This is something I’ve always appreciated about the Best Western brand- they really emphasize guest care and customer service in their training. I’m glad that these efforts were a positive part of you stay with us.

I am also very glad to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. We have really been working to make changes based on guest feedback, and it is really encouraging to know that we’ve moved in the right direction. We are always eager for suggestions, and if you think of anything you’d like to see on the menu please let me know.

Lastly, I am so happy that you enjoyed the fish fry in Bonzos. I know that the cook and serving staff will be glad to know that you enjoyed their service and food. I have always felt that the Fish Fry offered was a great value (soup or salad, potato choice, and coleslaw…), but I also appreciate that they offer either the 2 or three piece option.

Again, thank you for your feedback…By letting us know what we are doing well you encourage us to maintain these good practices. Please know I am available should you think of any further information you’d like to share,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I really can't say we were in our room very much. But the room was clean, had a mini frig, the beds were comfy cozy. We didn't have the chance to check out the swimming pool or fitness room but for them money, it was a good hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Helen P,

I’m so glad that you found your (limited) time in your room satisfactory. I appreciate very much that you took the time to share you experience with your fellow TripAdvisors, and I hope that you will be back with us to enjoy some of the other amenities we offer so that you can share your review of those offerings as well.

I’ve said before that the fundamental standards we strive to provide for our guests are comfort, cleanliness, and a caring staff to tend to guest needs. I am very happy to know that we provided a clean and comfortable room.

We do have mini refridgerators in all of our guests rooms. We do also have rooms that have microwaves available, but they are not in all rooms; I always like to let guests know it is an option but the request for on is best made prior to arrival.

Again, I hope we have you with us again…maybe to enjoy some time in the pool or hot tub! Please let me know if you have any further feedback as I’m always happy to have more guest input,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room was perfect. Nice and clean. Staff very accommodating. I needed to find a pharmacy and the staff was very quick to help me. I requested a handicap room and was pleased with my room. Other than the vending machine on my floor not working everything was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Allyson K

Allyson K,

Thank you so much for taking the time after leaving our hotel to share your experience and impressions. I so appreciate when guests take time out of their own day to share affirmation or suggestions for improvement.

While we have many standards that we strive to meet for our guests (especially band mandated standards) I always think that comfort, cleanliness, and a caring staff are at the heart of what we strive to provide for our guests. I am so glad to hear that we met all of these fundamental standards.

I will share your appreciation for the pharmacy suggestion with the front desk clerks. It can act as an encouragement to the clerk who helped you and as an inspiration to the other clerks.

I am glad we were able to get you into an accessible room while you were with us. We do have a limited number of accessible rooms, and we are always happy to accommodate a request for one of these rooms when they are available. I am very glad the room was what you needed it to be.

I am sorry to hear that the vending machine in the south wing wasn’t working correctly, and I want to thank you for reporting the issue. We have shared your feedback with the company that maintains the machines, and I hope that we’ve gotten that taken care of.

Thank you, again. Please know I am always happen to continue the exchange of ideas personally- feel free to contact me should you think of anything else,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here while in town for a wedding and were very pleased. I had requested an early check in and when we arrived at 1:30 our room was ready. We were checked in by a very friendly and efficient young woman. We stayed in the king 2 room suite and enjoyed it very much. The rate was very reasonable. It was in the south wing, close to a side entrance and also fairly close to the restaurant. The continental breakfast was very good, well stocked and had many options to choose from. I would definitely stay here again when in the area and would request the suite if available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

BPete5,

I’m so glad that we were a positive part of your stay in Baraboo. We always try to accommodate requests for an early check in, and I thank you for having made your request prior to arrival. That does make it much easier for us to prioritize the preparation of your room. If we have someone’s room clean and ready we are always happy to check in early.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the King Whirlpool room. It is the only room we have of that style at our hotel (with the bedroom separate from the living room area and bathroom). We have found that it is not only nice for special occasions and getaways, but some people enjoy having the option of two televisions.

I also want to thank you for your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff. Our front desk works to create a comfortable stay for our guests, and they truly care for guest experience. I know they will be pleased to know that their efforts were noticed and appreciated.

Lastly- I am very glad to know you enjoyed our breakfast. We switched back to the continental format earlier this year after having tried a cooked-to-order format for a little over a year. We had a lot of guest feedback that the convenience of a continental/grab-n-go format was preferably. We have tried to maintain variety and quality while providing that sought after convenience. Please let me know if you have any suggestions of items you’d like to see on the menu!

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and experiences. I’m always happy to hear from guests, and please know you are more than welcome to contact me if you think of anything else,

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The room was adequate. Overall not luxurious but not dumpy. It was clean. Furnishings were not brand new but were not dated. Good mattress. We had a fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast was as advertised kept well stocked during bkfst rush. Guy at the front desk during the day this weekend was exceptional. Only complaint is the hot tub was too hot. I felt like a spud being boiled for supper.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HonestWisconsonite
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

HonestWisconsinite-

From one honest Wisconsinite to another- thank you for your kind and truthful review of your stay with us. I’m always grateful when guests take the time to share their impressions, but I especially appreciate when I know they are sharing both where we are doing well and also where we can make improvements.

I’m glad that you found your room clean and your bed comfortable. I agree that there are areas in which updates could (and probably should) be made to create a more modern, updated atmosphere.

I am especially glad that you found our breakfast sufficient for you. We have (relatively) recently switched back to the buffet/continental format, and I am glad that it was well maintained.

I will pass along your compliments to the front desk clerk you’ve mentioned, Daniel. He has an excellent personality and passion for hospitality, and I know he will be very pleased that his efforts were noticed and appreciated.

Please know that I will double check with our head of maintenance about the hot tub temperature. We actually have to monitor and record the temperature daily, and we have to stay within a certain temperature range to remain in compliance with the state of Wisconsin’s health guidelines. I believe the temperature has to be kept between 102-104 F … But please know I will share your feedback with our head of maintenance, so he can keep an eye on that!

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. Please know I would love to hear from you directly if you have any further feedback, questions, concerns, etc.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Reasonable rates for quality establishment. Casino shuttle service from front desk to front door of casino. Very nice pool and hot tub. Helpful and friendly staff. Food in restaurant quite good and reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Cbreid01,

Thank you so much for spending the time to share your recent stay with us. Our staff so appreciates when guests take the time to think through their experience as it offers us (often) affirmation in the practices we employ.

I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed pool and hot tub area. Our maintenance supervisor, Steve, works hard to maintain the pool and hot tub, and most of his work is often times overlooked. I know he will be pleased to know his efforts were noticed and appreciated.

We are very glad to have Ho-Chunk casino nearby and willing to service our hotel with their shuttles. This is not a service that we announce to all guests as they check in, so I am really glad that you’ve shared it with other travelers here.

Again, thank you for your kind words for our staff. We do work together to provide a pleasant, quality stay at competitive prices. Please know everyone will be glad to know that their attitudes and efforts were a positive part of your time here in Baraboo.

We hope to see you again, soon. If you should think of any further comments or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly- I’d be glad to hear from you!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Clean,friendly and pleasant. Room was what we aksed for. Price with breakfast can't be beat. Baraboo is a nice place. Friendly establishments. Enjoyed watching the Final Four. Will be back again this year.

MarkrS6096HK,

Thank you so much for sharing, again, your stay with us. We so appreciate when guests take the time to review our hotel and their experience more than once. It is for me, and probably to other TripAdvisors, especially meaningful to know that someone has had more than one positive experience at a hotel.

We do try to keep our rates affordable while competitive. I’m glad that you not only found the price was right, but it sounds like you found value in our breakfast. We have been trying to change our breakfast to meet the desires of our guests, and I think we’ve recently gotten it right.

I was, as a “Barabooian”, most pleased that you shared that you found our town and the other establishments you visited enjoyable. I have grown up here, and I strive in my efforts in hospitality to make our hotel a positive part of peoples’ time in Baraboo. It is a gem of a small town, and I hope to enable and encourage people to come explore!

We will look forward to seeing you again (hopefully soon), and please know I am always open to and looking for additional feedback. Please feel free to contact me if you should think of anything further,

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#4 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Campus Inn Motel
Campus Inn Motel
#8 of 11 in Baraboo

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!