“Great place to stay”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We spent three nights at the Best Western Baraboo Inn and they were awesome. We were in the area for a nephew's wedding. Extremely clean, awesome service and willing to help when ever needed. My 77 year old father and mother stayed across the hall from us and the housekeeping staff were awesome in supporting them. Will definitely stay again when visiting my sister and her family!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Greg A,

Your review was one of the most encouraging I’ve read in a long time. The fact that your experience was wholly improved by the attitude and service of our staff is exactly what we strive for as a hotel and as a brand. Best Western’s tag line is, “Stay with People Who Care,” and I am so glad to know that our staff communicated to you that they do care about you and your elderly parents.

I will be posting your words of affirmation for the housekeeping and front desk staff to read. We are entering into our busiest and most stressful season at the hotel, and your compliments will be very encouraging. What a great reminder of the impact we can have while serving people.

On that note, I want to thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of your room. Housekeeping, in particular, goes through very physically demanding time in the summer. I know they will appreciate knowing their efforts are noticed and appreciated.

I also noticed that you live in North Carolina, a place where “Southern Hospitality” is practiced. I am so glad to know that our “Midwestern Hospitality” met your standards!

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you stay in the Baraboo area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel, while on vacation, and it was a pleasant experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel room was very clean and tidy. The kids and I used the pool and had a great time. We were by the lobby, next to the fitness center, and right around the corner of the pool. We had a nice quiet stay with no noise interruptions at all. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Baraboo area. The breakfast was excellent with a full hot breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dalyn H
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dalyn,

I’m so glad to read that you had a nice visit with us in Baraboo. I appreciate so much that you've shared these kinds words of affirmation- letting us know what we are doing right is both encouraging and helpful.

I will be sharing your compliments about the cleanliness of your room with our housekeeping staff. They are also so happy to know that their hard work has been noticed and appreciated!

Friendliness and cleanliness are, to many, the most important practices at a hotel. I know all departments will be happy to know that these particular efforts are being done well.

Thank you, also, for your feedback about our breakfast. We have been working with guest feedback for the last couple of years in an effort to provide quality and convenience. I am so glad that you found both of these needs met by our included breakfast.

Baraboo remains, for the most part, a quieter town to stay in. There are, of course, areas of the hotel that are best for our guests looking for quiet at night (top floor, facing away from the highway, etc…) – I’m glad we found a room that worked well for you.

I hope to see you in the future. Please know that I am always here should you have any further comments,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

nothing fancy but clean rooms , great front desk and decent breakfast for what your paying
they had already delivered extra pillows by the time we got to our room. I like this place a little better than the clarion across the street but clarion has a better pool and deck if you have a family

Room Tip: they offer a free shuttle to ho-chunk, get a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

GOBucky,

I always appreciate hearing from guests about their stay with us. It is especially nice to hear from a fellow Badger fan!

Thank you for sharing your kind words for our front desk staff. We are so lucky to have a staff that shares enthusiasm and purpose while practicing hospitality. I will pass along your review and compliments, and I know they will all be very happy to know they were a positive part of your stay with us.

I also want to thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of your room. Good housekeeping is so important, but largely because it is (and should be) expected when staying in a hotel. It is an assumed part of the experience, and the housekeepers themselves can often be underappreciated as they do their work when guests aren’t there to see them. The housekeepers are always grateful when a guests takes the time to comment on the good jobs they have done!

We are always happy to provide extra pillows and blankets…I am glad we were able to do so quickly for you. Actually, sometimes guests will request them when they make their reservations, so we are able to put them in the room ahead of time. I don’t know if this is what you did, but it is always a good idea to make those requests ahead of time.

We have recently made some changes to our breakfast. I am glad that you found it satisfactory. Please know we are always eager for feedback and suggestions about what we offer on the breakfast. I would be happy to know if there were certain items you’d hoped to see and where we might make impovements.

Please feel free to contact me with suggestions or comments, and again, thank you,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location, short distance from numerous attractions. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When I checked in with a group, the staff promptly checked all of us in. Hotel is very clean. Fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical, bike and nautilus center which I took advantage of. I did not use the pool or whirlpool. My only complaint was that the in room coffee maker had not been cleaned in some time. Fortunately, there was fresh coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Bill W,

I am so happy to hear that your first impression was one of friendliness and expediency! Our front desk team truly has a heart for our guests, and I am very grateful that this came across during your interaction with them. I know they will be happy to hear that their proficiency and caring attitude was both noted and appreciated.

I also want to thank you for commenting on the general cleanliness of the hotel. I know that housekeeping is one of the most physically demanding jobs at the hotel, and I also know that when guests take the time to compliment the housekeepers on their good work- it goes a long way.

We do always provide fresh coffee in the lobby of the hotel, but we don’t do it because we expect the coffee pots in the guest rooms to be unusably dirty! I want to thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I will be speaking with our head of housekeeping to make sure that these are cleaned regularly. We should, however, have single cup makers in all of our guest rooms within the next couple of weeks. This makes the cleaning much easier as the coffee is made directly into a disposable cup!

Again, thank you, Bill. If you think of anything further please let me know. I am always happy for additional feedback or questions,

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The bed was comfy. The man working the front desk was very friendly and gave us recommendations for restaurants. The beds were comfy. We felt like we were the only guests as it was very quiet. Highly recommend Devils lake state park and mirror lake state park

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Amy H.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am always happy for guest feedback, but it is especially nice to read reviews that are affirming.

I will pass along your compliments to Daniel, the front desk clerk who was so helpful with directions and suggestions in the area. He truly has a heart for our guests and for hospitality. We are all grateful he is a part of our staff. I know he will be very happy to know that his efforts contributed positively to your time in Baraboo.

In the last several years hotels have become something more than a place to sleep when you are away from home, but I still feel very strongly that a comfortable bed is a primary necessity in a hotel. The essential function of a hotel is a good night of sleep when you find yourself away from your own bed!

The Baraboo area is truly a beautiful place to visit. I am so glad that our hotel’s location enabled you to visit both Devil’s Lake State Park and Mirror Lake State park. They are both wonderful places- and it is surprising that two parks so close to each other could offer such different experiences. I hope you enjoyed fully, and please know you are more than welcome to contact me should you have any questions about the hotel and/or area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel is conveniently located. Has Bar & Lounge. Indoor Pool. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Beds comfortable and Hotel is one of the best Best Westerns that I have stayed in. Complimentary Breakfast and Fitness Room. I would travel out of my way to stay at this hotel property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter F
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Peter F,

Thank you so much for taking the time (on a holiday weekend!) to share your time with us here on TripAdvisor. We are always very happy to receive feedback from our guests to let us know where we need improving, but it is especially nice to have the affirmation to know what we are getting right.

I am so glad that the amenities offered made your stay with us more enjoyable. I won’t take the time to re-list the compliments you've paid our hotel, but please know we do keep track of what things our guests most appreciate.

It was really an extra appreciated to compliment to know our hotel was one of the most enjoyable Best Westerns you've stayed at. We take a lot of pride in our brand, and we really try to be a positive part of their image. Thank you for letting us know we are succeeding in this effort.

We hope to have you with us the next time you are in the Baraboo/Dells area. Also, please know you are always more than welcome to contact me directly should you have any questions, etc. in the future,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stay for two nights, in there newer section ,big king size bed, very clean, microwave, . The bed
Seem a little hard, but it was comfortable. The major problem was could not access the internet
Now matter what they tried. I had to work in the lobby, which was not real cool,everyone was looking-at wondering what I was doing. They do have there free breakfast

Room Tip: Central located to many activities. The area of my room was very quite which I liked.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

73Michael,

I always appreciate when guests have taken the time to share the impressions of the stay they’ve had with us. I have a special appreciation, though, when guests take the time to share both areas in which we have gotten service right and areas in which we could make improvement.

I am glad that you enjoyed the large King sized bed in your room. I am sorry it was on the firm side, and I hope that you were able to sleep well despite. There is, at least for me, still a primary function of hoteliers- providing a comfortable bed for travelers away from home. All of us in the hospitality industry often get caught up in trying to provide a bigger breakfast (I am glad to hear that you enjoyed ours…), a flatter television, etc…At the end of the day I still feel the most primary amenity needs to be a comfortable bed.

Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of your room. Housekeeping mostly only hears about a guest experience when they haven’t met expectations, and I want you to know how appreciated the affirmation is. This is an incredibly important and physically demanding job…I know our housekeepers will be happy to know their efforts were both noticed and appreciated.

I am very sorry for the internet issues you encountered in your guest room. We have actually contacted our provider about updating some of the hardware for the wireless internet. The intermittent service seems to be due to an access point needing updated, and we hope to have this resolved in the next week or so.

Please know, and I am sorry that our front desk clerk didn’t point this out for you while you were in our lobby, that we do have a business center. It is actually next to the lobby, but the glass door is often missed. Guests are more than welcome to use this if they’d like to work outside of their room (or need to), and there is also a copier/fax/printer available for use.

Thank you, again. I hope you will be back with us in the future. You are always welcome to contact me directly should you have any additional questions or thoughts,

608.356.1100

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#26 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
7 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites at Wisconsin Dells Lake Delton
Hampton Inn & Suites at Wisconsi...
#12 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!