“Quiet”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Iowa City, Iowa
“Quiet”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a king room with a sofa. The room was very big with lots of seating and table areas (desk, night stands, etc...) The bathroom was a little small but still nice. Definitely get a room on the back side of the two story building - no parking lot or anything behind it so it made for a quiet room.

2 Thank Bountiful-IA
Daniel T, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Bountiful-IA,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. Being a regular traveler myself I can appreciate your sentiment on having a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay. This is something that we strive to achieve alongside the best service possible and I am happy that this combination led to you having an excellent time with us.

Please consider us the next time that you are passing through the area.

1-608-356-1100
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Normally, we have stayed across the street, but got a great deal on an advance pay rate at the Best Western. The rooms are clean and quiet, breakfast is hot and very good. If you do not need to stay in the Wisconsin Dells, this is a good choice close to Baraboo.

1 Thank kentucky1937
kentucky1937,

I am glad that your stay with us was an excellent one and I am always excited when I get such rave reviews from a new customer. I highly recommend visiting the Best Western website when booking your reservations as the many of the advance deposit packages are a great thing to a traveler on a budget.

We fully encourage anyone visiting the area to try Baraboo as an alternative to staying in the hustle and bustle of the Wisconsin Dells. Being a mere ten minute drive away makes us an excellent launching point no matter the occasion, with an added advantage of having several very interesting things to do in the Baraboo area as well.

I appreciate the time you took to write your review and it is my hope you will come and see us again soon.

1-608-356-1100
Westchester, Illinois
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Best Western Baraboo Inn in West Baraboo provides a comfortable stay. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, hearty breakfasts. Close to Devils Lake State if you prefer not to camp. Daniel at the front desk was extremely helpful recommending restaurants, sightseeing locations, etc. My sister and I enjoyed our stay. The only drawback--hot tub was unavailable on one of the days we were there.

Room Tip: A room on the second floor of the two-story addition is quieter than rooms in the other sections.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Marci19682014,

I so happy that you shared your stay with everyone but I most of all very happy that your stay with us went well. Our staff strives to provide the best service possible. We feel that having such friendly and positive staff are keys to a successful business as well as overall guest satisfaction.

As it happened I was working the desk during your stay and I am glad that I was able to pass on the passion I feel for the Baraboo area and direct you to a number of places you may not have encountered otherwise. Many people do not realize that there are so many choices available in the area and when we give people options it can be a very positive thing.

I thank you for your stay and if you happen to be back in the area we would be glad to have you again.

608-356-1100
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We needed to be in Baraboo for a funeral. The hotel was clean and convenient. The rate was good. Breakfast had real scrambled eggs, not the powder mix. Overall a decent experience. Could have used a late check out as the funeral was at 11am and the check out at 10am, no where to change for the long drive home, after the funeral, which was a bummer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank smhenkel
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
SmHenkel,

I am always sorry to hear that a funeral is the reason one of our guests has come to Baraboo. I am glad that our hotel and staff were able to provide you a clean, comfortable, and convenient place to stay while you were in town.

Thank you for the compliment about our eggs. We have never used the powdered eggs, and we don’t plan on using them in the future. We are very eager for guest feedback about our breakfast, so I thank you for taking the time to share your input.

Lastly, I want to apologize for the checkout time. Our regular check out time is at 11am, but often we can push that back to noon without a problem.

Again, thank you for staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions, concerns, or suggestions,

Madison, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was there for business. I needed a place to set up my laptop and printer and enough room to work. I needed a place close to the courthouse where I spent my days. Everything went as planned and the room was useful and comfortable. I did not use any amenities outside the room except for the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Eric S,

I am very happy that we were able to have you stay with us while your work brought you to the Baraboo area. We really do try to accommodate the special needs of business travelers, and I am glad to know we were able to meet the needs you have while traveling.

We have half of our third floor designated as “executive king” rooms. These rooms provide a larger desk, additional outlets, and lap desks for our corporate travelers. We try our very best to reserve these rooms for guests we know are in town on business, so it is always a good idea to let the front desk know if you will require a desk, etc.

Thank you, again, for your feedback. I hope we will have you with us again the next time you find yourself in the Baraboo area.

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Property is aging just a bit but seems to be in good condition, some of the appointments are just a bit dated. Rooms not luxurious but certainly comfortable. Room was clean. Bathroom shower redirector control leaked significantly, reducing shower pressure. Breakfast provided hot items as promised, not a large variety but adequate and filled the bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Keith J.,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I want to assure you that our management and new owners agree that the property is aging and is in need of some refreshing. We have actually begun some of the updates of our renovation, but we will be completing the rest of the updates later this year. We are due for our Property Improvement Plan (per best Western), and we will have the renovations completed this year.

I am glad that, in the meantime, you found the hotel met your needs as far as comfort and cleanliness. We are looking forward to providing our guests a more updated product, but in the meantime we are happy to provide a clean and comfortable hotel room.

Thank you, again, for you feedback. If you have any more suggestions please feel free to contact me directly. As we move into this stage of renovation and change our guest feedback is very valuable as we make lasting decisions for the hotel.

Oxnard, CA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stopped in at the bar and had 2 for 1 drinks and food specials at "Double Bubble" aka happy hour. Staff was so friendly, we decided to stay. We got upgraded just for asking to a jacuzzi tub room in the back (away from the street). The room had a fridge and good a/c. The breakfast was hot and cold foods and the place was clean. There is a nice gym on-site and a market within walking distance. For a 'just passing through place', this hotel was terrific-and the rate was great too!

Room Tip: Room off the street-we had 220, a room with a jacuzzi tub.
1 Thank Anita S
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
AnitaNurse,

So many guests use TripAdvisor and other online means to pre-plan and choose where and when they will stay while traveling. That sets your review apart from the rest- your stay with us was unplanned and spurred by the friendliness and service you experienced upon stopping in.

I am very glad to know that upon your decision to stay with us we were able to upgrade your room to a whirlpool suite. Room upgrades are something we happily do if we have the availability (especially for Best Western Rewards members).

I also want to thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of the hotel. I know this will be greatly encouraging to our housekeeping staff. Their job is difficult, important, and expected. Expectation can often lead to a lack of gratitude, but you having noted the job well done will go a long way in making our housekeepers feel appreciated.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the variety of the breakfast offered. We are always thankful for feedback about our breakfast as it is one of the areas in which we can quickly (and relatively easily) change our offerings to better suite the desires of our guests.

Yes, our location near the intersection of HWY 12 and HWY 33 does make our location an easy stopping point, and I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you pass through the area.

Thanks, again, for your words of encouragement,
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!