“best western near wisconsin dells”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Over all We had a good stay at this hotel We were in town for the HOG rally and drove an extra 500 miles or so to get stamps at Harley dealers around the state for a chance to win $500 The paper was folded and sitting on a table in our room.Housekeeping threw the paper with all of our stamps away. needless to say I was not happy. When I complained at the front desk the girl was very sorry and said she would go through the dumpster to try to find it. She never found it, but I was happy she gave the effort

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Daniel T, Director of Sales at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

tmjmjk,

I wished to thank you for sharing your experience and I also wished to apologize, again, that we were unable to locate your stamp sheet while you were still staying with us. As you mentioned before Christine did offer to go through the dumpster, which she has on more then one occasion, to find it, although were were unsuccessful I am glad that you could acknowledge her efforts. We know the amount of effort that went into collecting those from the individual businesses was substantial and I wish we could done more in the time that you were here.

We always enjoy having biker groups at our hotel and I am happy that we were able to accommodate your group over the state HOG rally weekend. Overall we have had wonderful reviews and comments from them. If you ever happen to be in the area again we would be happy to have you guys, your group or just yourselves, anytime.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Baraboo Inn

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Baraboo Best Western. The service was very good and it has a lovely exterior.It was nicely located in relationship to our tour destinations: Crane Foundation and Leopold Center and to downtown restaurant that our group enjoyed. It is our hope to return and spend more time in the city and surrounding area and we would definately stay at this Best Western again! We would also try the restaurant at the hotel on our next visit as it appeared quite nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Jane Y,

I get excited when I not only have someone pass on their excellent experience with our hotel but also mentions some of the wonderful attractions that Baraboo has to offer.

Both of the attractions which your group attended are among my personal favorites in the area. The Leopold center is an amazing look at the life of a very smart man. His lessons on responsible land management are still used to this day by conservationists worldwide and many have won awards by putting these lessons into practice.

The International Crane Foundation is among my top recommendations for the area. Not only do you get to see the hard work that the foundation has done to preserve crane species as well as their habitats but as this facility is also their captive breeding center it is the only place in the WORLD which gives you the opportunity to see all fifteen species.

I am happy that our hotel and our town could provide you with such an excellent time and I hope that in the future you will find us just as accommodating.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our stay was very pleasant. Room was very clean and neat. We had a blast at the bar/lounge watching the Brewers game. It made our stay inviting to have access to a lounge and restaurant on site so once we checked in we had no need to wonder back out.

2  Thank Candace D

Candace D,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. I am always happy to hear to hear great things about our property.

Having a restaurant attached to the hotel can bring a great deal of comfort to anyone on vacation. The convenience of having the ability to walk down the hallway and grab a cocktail and some food can be a great relief to anyone who has traveled and has no desire to get back in the vehicle to hunt down a place to eat. Bonzo's has the added bonus of having almost every sports channel available so for anyone looking for "the game" we are typically able to provide.

Again, I thank you for your response and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good location; our room was cleaned every day; beds were made. Staff was helpful and friendly. My only disappointment was that the hotel advertised a "full" breakfast, but when we arrived I was told that they offered only a "continental" breakfast. I called the hotel a week prior to arriving because I had a question, and while I was on hold, the phone messages advertises a "casino" package, but when I enquired about it, I was told that it was discontinued. Please change your phone message and ALL websites, so that customers are not mislead.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 983judyk

983judyk,

I appreciate your recent review of our property and thank you for sharing your experience. While I see that the majority of your stays was positive I did wish to address the some of the detractors from your stay.

In regards to the casino package I apologize. This was a decision made by the management when they took over recently and we have not been able to change it. We still offer access to the casino shuttle, which provides a free ride to and from the casino twenty-four hours a day, but the casino packages are no longer available.

I have been unable to locate the area of the website which indicates that we offer a full breakfast but I am working to find it. However, the hot breakfast buffet that we provide has a wide selection of items daily ranging from the scrambled eggs and ham and biscuits and gravy and sausage we alternate between. We also provide fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, bagels, toast, english muffins, yogurt, pastries, and hard boiled eggs. We previously did offer a cooked to order breakfast in our restaurant but it was discontinued due to guest dissatisfaction at the beginning of this year.

I appreciate you bringing the casino package and the website verbiage to my attention and I will endeavor to have it changed as soon as it is possible to do so. It is my hope that you will come back and see us again

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Best Western for three nights during a trip to the Wisconsin Dells and Baraboo areas. It was a great stay. The rooms were nice and we had a good nights sleep every night here. We thought the pool was very good as well as breakfast. The hotel was very nice to us and let use the hotel lobby printer at no extra charge. We really enjoyed this Best Western and will return in future trips to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

EaglesFan27,

In the time I have been in the industry I have seen many hotels strive to be the best and drive towards that specific goal. While I share this feeling I always feel that if a hotel makes you feel as comfortable as you do at home than they are doing something right. To have you travel across the country and find such an excellent stay with us makes me very happy and says volumes for the people on our staff and our property.

If you should find yourself in the area again please do not hesitate to come back our way.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a king room with a sofa. The room was very big with lots of seating and table areas (desk, night stands, etc...) The bathroom was a little small but still nice. Definitely get a room on the back side of the two story building - no parking lot or anything behind it so it made for a quiet room.

2  Thank Bountiful-IA

Bountiful-IA,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. Being a regular traveler myself I can appreciate your sentiment on having a nice, clean, and quiet place to stay. This is something that we strive to achieve alongside the best service possible and I am happy that this combination led to you having an excellent time with us.

Please consider us the next time that you are passing through the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Normally, we have stayed across the street, but got a great deal on an advance pay rate at the Best Western. The rooms are clean and quiet, breakfast is hot and very good. If you do not need to stay in the Wisconsin Dells, this is a good choice close to Baraboo.

1  Thank kentucky1937

kentucky1937,

I am glad that your stay with us was an excellent one and I am always excited when I get such rave reviews from a new customer. I highly recommend visiting the Best Western website when booking your reservations as the many of the advance deposit packages are a great thing to a traveler on a budget.

We fully encourage anyone visiting the area to try Baraboo as an alternative to staying in the hustle and bustle of the Wisconsin Dells. Being a mere ten minute drive away makes us an excellent launching point no matter the occasion, with an added advantage of having several very interesting things to do in the Baraboo area as well.

I appreciate the time you took to write your review and it is my hope you will come and see us again soon.

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Campus Inn Motel
Campus Inn Motel
#8 of 11 in Baraboo
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!