“great get away Baraboo,”

BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Cuba City, United States
“great get away Baraboo,”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

wonderful breakfast, cozy bed, relaxing pool , free access to computer / internet friendly staff, close to the location I wanted to be. Great coffee! My husband and I had an most enjoyable time, the staff made us feel quite welcomed and gave us tip on some of the sights to see in the area. Since we will be coming up for medical visits we will be sure to stay again at the Best Western again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Daniel T, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Theresa L H,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. I am happy to be managing a staff who sincerely cares for our guests comfort and will go out of their way to make it happen. I wanted to also thank you for you kind words and compliments as they will encourage my staff as we move forward into the last leg of the summer season.

I hope that you will come and see us again. I know you said you were here for medical visits so if you have any special requests for placement within the hotel please let the desk staff know when you are making your reservations.

Best Western Baraboo Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cincinnati
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a good stay at the Best Western over 4th of July weekend. Nice hotel conveniently located between Madison and the Dells. Indoor pool and hot tub was refreshing. Would have been nicer if there were screen doors as the pool room was a bit warm. Only complaint is that the hallway rugs need a good cleaning. But the rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast was good and Daniel went out of his way to be a good host.

Dear dsazimm,

I want to thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at our property. I also wanted to thank you for your kind words. My staff works exceptionally hard to provide a positive experience to all of the guests who pass through our hotel and I am glad that we were able to hit the mark in your case.

I do agree about the carpets. They have to go. Luckily for us that will be happening this fall as we proceed with our hotel wide update in October. I look forward to showing off the many changes that we have planned and I would invite you back to see them as well.

Friendship wi, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Pool/hot tub were dirty, had a orange scum on filters and looked like they hadn't been drained and cleaned for awhile. The carpets in hallways are stained and filthy. The bathtub drain wouldn't drain so we stood in 5 in of water while showering. The air conditioner had chunks of mildew/mold in them. The hallways were muggy and smelly. The breakfast was horrible, couldn't even bite into the sausage like it was microwaved to long. The coffee area was dirty, containers with sugar and cream were not clean at all. The back entrance of main building had butts all over the place ground. Not a good experience at all. The internet kept connecting and disconnecting making it hard to get any work done on laptop. The appearance of the inside of building needs alot of work

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adam H,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience despite not having the best time at our property. Many of the cosmetic issues that you encountered during your stay with us such as the carpets are slated to be replaced this fall when we begin the update to our hotel.

In regards to the other issues that you encountered during your stay with us I would encourage you to contact me at the hotel directly through the number 1-608-356-1100 or you can also contact me via the e-mail bestwesternsales@baraboo.com.

With care,

Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Reasonable rates for the area and pretty decent room. The front desk staff during check-in was very helpful and courteous. Our room was clean and comfortable, however common areas could use some cleaning and improvements. The breakfast was adequate but the area a bit congested. Best part of the stay was dinner at Bonzo's the connected restaurant which recently went under new ownership. The prime rib special was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel T, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Randall L,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. It makes me happy when we receive such high praises in regards to our hotel. I did see your comments in regards to the state of the common areas of the hotel and I have some great news in response to that. We have recently come under new ownership in the hotel as well and starting this fall we will embark on a complete update of the hotel premises. This project was put on hold during the summer season so that when we do begin it will be with a minimum of inconvenience to our guests.

I also wished to thank you for compliments for Bonzos. There are many advantages for a hotel to have an attached restaurant but all too often you will have a wonderful hotel and a sub par restaurant as a result. It makes me very happy that Bonzos does not fit into this category and continues to provide our guest with excellent food and beverages across the board.

I am glad that you had a great stay with us and I hope you get a chance to visit us again to see the exciting changes that we have planned for the property.

Hales Corners, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a large group staying here for a family reunion. Daniel was fantastic! He went out of his way to help us. I also had my 97 year old mother along. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to all those traveling. It is also very close to many wonderful attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Donna M,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words as well as sharing your experience about our property. Your group was fantastic and I am happy that we were able to satisfy not only yourself but your family as well.

The level of service you received while you were here is something I believe should be standard across the industry. It makes me happy that through the service and professionalism of my staff that we were able to stand out as excellent during your stay with us but also that through that service we made your family's stay with us a great one.

It is my hope that you guys will visit us again soon.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Its not a fancy or plush hotel by anymeans but its about what u expect in a small town. The service was pleasant, the room was simple but clean, the free breakfast filled us up n the location worked great for a day at devils lake. We were on the first floor right next to the pool - and there was a smell of mold in the room, covered by air freshners - might be less of an issue further from the pool or on the second level.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank NeverStopExplor... X
NeverStopExplor... X,

I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We always enjoy positive reviews from our patrons but I also wanted to thank you for mentioning the odor in your room as mold is a potentially serious issue that should be dealt with immediately. As with any situation without knowledge of an issue it can be very hard to find a solution. Again, thank you.

I am happy that our proximity to the Devil's Lake State Park made it convenient for you to visit and that our continental breakfast was able to fill you up and provide you with the energy needed to explore that park. In the future I would highly recommend you try several of the State Natural areas which surround Baraboo as many of them are highlighted for features unavailable within the park itself.

I also wished to thank you for the compliment about our staff. They work hard to provide the best service possible and it only serves to encourage them when those kinds of comments are posted on public forum such as this. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your family and I hope you get a chance to visit us again. I would recommend coming in the fall as the local color change for the leaves is a sight to behold.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The location was excellent for access to Dells and other attractions at a very affordable price compared to Dells hotels. The adjoining restaurant was a disappointment since the chef failed to show up to cook. Hotel breakfast offered a nice varied assortment. Microwaves were not found in all rooms. The manager said he would get one if we really wanted one. Frig freezer was ice-packed from lack of defrosting. Hot tub was way too hot for anyone with high blood pressure. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Ron B,

On behalf of the hotel I did wish to thank you for sharing your experience but to also apologize for not meeting our mutual expectations.

The cook who was responsible for not showing up to work has been replaced since your stay. I do apologize that this was a detractor from your stay with us but the circumstance was something that we were unable to control. But the restaurant remains open and full staffed at this time.

The majority of rooms in our hotel do contain microwaves but the only way to guarantee this amenity would be to request it in advance. In situations where a guest should need one that was not provided in the room we are able to make a public microwave available to our guests so they may heat up whatever they would like.

I did wish to thank you for bringing the fridge/ freezer defrosting issue to my attention. I will be passing that on to our maintenance staff to ensure that this is not a continuing issue for our future guests.

You specifically mentioned that you were unable to use the hot tub because of the temperature and your high blood pressure. The AHA (American Heart Association) as well as our hotel do not recommend patients who are undergoing treatment for high blood pressure to utilize our hot tub as the temperatures can exacerbate such a condition. I will be sure to bring up the higher temperature to our maintenance staff to ensure that is within safe levels but I would highly advise you to stay away from hot tubs altogether.

With these things being said I am happy that the rest of your stay with us was satisfactory and I hope that you will find the time to see us again soon.

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!