“Clean and Affordable”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful throughout my stay. The room was clean and quiet. Only a 10 minute drive to downtown dells and you don't have to fight the traffic and crowds. Conveniently located near gas, restaurants, casino, drug store, etc. Definitely satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Daniel T, Front Office Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Jennifer M,

I wanted to first not only thank you for review but also for your kind words about my staff. We work very hard to provide the best possible customer service and to have it stand out in a noticeable way tells us we are doing something right. We are happy that you were able to have a great stay away from the clamor of the Wisconsin Dells as many of our satisfied customers make the choice to stay for the same reasons as yourself. Having a quiet location with many resources close by can make for a much more relaxing vacation and I am happy to hear that Baraboo was able to meet those needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

THANK GOODNESS FOR THIS HOTEL. I had booked a room at a different motel in Baraboo. I had decided to be thrifty and try a cheap place. I am usually all about economy and basic motels don't bother me. But the place was clearly not appropriate for a female traveling solo. So in desperation, I called Best Western. Thank Goodness... there were two rooms left and I could get one of them. I was given a WONDERFUL CORNER ROOM. (I think the woman at the desk felt sorry for me). It was clean and lovely. It was certainly pricier than the other motel I had reserved, but since it was last minute and I was horrified by the prior motel, I would have paid even more if necessary. The corner location was perfect. I did not hear a sound all night and my bed was so comfortable. The room was spacious and laid out well, and everything was seriously perfect for me. Breakfast had so many different offerings, including hot food. I will never mess around anymore. This Best Western was the third hotel Baraboo hotel I have stayed in, and from now on I'm just going there and not messing around to try to get a better deal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer N

Dear JenAnnNov,

I cannot express the happiness I feel on reading your review as the service you received is something that I ask my staff to strive for. I understand your reasons for trying to find an economical hotel as traveling can be expensive if you are on the road for long periods of time. I know that coming during peak season can certainly affect your bottom line but most people, yourself included, will find that for the little bit extra you can find an excellent place to stay if only you look. I sincerely hope you will select us again the next time that you are traveling through the area so that we can provide you with a consistently positive experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

1st thing I notice was a strong smell in the room . The closest I can describe is a cat litter box. The pool was small and was packed with only 8 people . Breakfast was lame . Eggs were rubber,not many warm choices . Bring ur own instead. I don't know how people can give this a 4 or 5 star rating . I'd hate to stay in a room they rate a 2 . Not many choices in this dumpy town . Very disappointed :(((

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Mike P,

I do apologize that our hotel did not meet the expectations of your stay with us. I will speak with our housekeeping staff to investigate the odor which you described. You are correct in that our pool area is small but having only 83 rooms in the hotel it is typically able to meet the needs of our guests. I am sorry that you found this disappointing. I also see that you were dissatisfied with our breakfast selection. Since your stay we have changed the types of eggs we serve and have received great feedback from our guests and overall approval. As to the selections offered at our included continental breakfast we do switch the hot items from biscuits and sausage gravy and sausage links to the aforementioned eggs as well as ham day to day. We also offer the option of the hot waffle maker for which our brand is known for on our breakfast and a large variety of other options including, but not limited to, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, bagels, and toast. I do thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope that you would give us another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Why pay $250-$300 a night in the Wisconsin Dells when you can stay in Baraboo - just a ten minute drive away - for a fraction of the cost. This hotel is very friendly and clean, the beds are comfortable, and its location is such that you can easily drive to other vacation hi-lites in the area quickly. Staff gladly accommodated us with adjoining rooms for our extended family vacationing with us. We were pleased.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ellen and Andrew,

Thank you very much for your kinds words about our staff and our hotel. We are always happy to try accommodate our guest's needs when they come to stay with us and I am happy that my staff was able to exceed your expectations in this regard. Many who choose to stay with us find great value in the quiet that we offer but also in the prices typically being lower than our Wisconsin Dells counterparts. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about our hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Not fancy or top-notch, but a solid value when including the free hot breakfast. Property and room was pretty clean, décor and facilities just a bit dated. Convenient location. They ran out of coffee cups. Did not try the pool or exercise facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Keith J,

Thank you for your review of our property. Many of the guests who stay at our hotel appreciate the value for their stay. Having the included breakfast as well as access to the hotels other amenities, pool and fitness center among them, makes us an excellent choice for a wide range of travelers coming to the area for business and pleasure.

I do apologize for our running out of coffee cups. Sometimes our demand for them exceeds our ability to supply them to our guests. I hope that our staff was able to assist you when this happened. I thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed two weekend nights and you should too if you are in the Wisc Dells area. It was refreshing to be away from the commercialization and noise in the Dells. A drug store and grocery store were less than a block away. The pool was a welcome relief after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patsend,

Thank you for your review of our property. We often find that many of our guests prefer to stay in Baraboo for the exact reasons that you describe. being away from the Dells holds many advantages but the quiet is something that we consistently have people return for. I thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

wonderful breakfast, cozy bed, relaxing pool , free access to computer / internet friendly staff, close to the location I wanted to be. Great coffee! My husband and I had an most enjoyable time, the staff made us feel quite welcomed and gave us tip on some of the sights to see in the area. Since we will be coming up for medical visits we will be sure to stay again at the Best Western again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Daniel T, Front Office Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Theresa L H,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. I am happy to be managing a staff who sincerely cares for our guests comfort and will go out of their way to make it happen. I wanted to also thank you for you kind words and compliments as they will encourage my staff as we move forward into the last leg of the summer season.

I hope that you will come and see us again. I know you said you were here for medical visits so if you have any special requests for placement within the hotel please let the desk staff know when you are making your reservations.

Best Western Baraboo Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#27 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!