“So sad, this is a dump”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baraboo
Devil's Lake Resort
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This place was an absolute dump. Outside was beautiful and they had an outdoor pool area that was excellent. You could tell that the the staff tried hard with what they had to work with however, inside the rooms, it was awful. The hallways and rooms have terrible, stained carpeting, the lobby looks like it was abandoned..in fact, the lobby was so unwelcoming in it's decor, we thought we were in the wrong building to check in. It really looked like it was an abandoned room. The rooms have no ironing boards and the irons we got at the front desk were either broken or in bad shape. The bedspreads were outdated and worn...come on, take a little pride in the rooms, get some new carpeting and bedspreads. It was really sad because outside was so beautiful. There are no elevators and it is a far walk to some of the rooms from where the parking is. How do people do it with ski supplies? I will never stay here again. Oh and how could I forget.....we had a whole family staying in several rooms and now that we are home, we are all complaining of bites on our arms and legs..I have no way to prove it but now we are thinking....could they be bed bugs? Gross!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ABK001
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This was a great family-owned resort that my family vacationed at every summer in the 1960's. I stopped by on my way through the area last year and discovered the resort had been bought by the State and the buildings are being torn down. I read somewhere that the property will become part of the park, a fitting end for a place of many good memories for a lot of families.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
4  Thank cahilllaw
Reviewed 31 October 2007

The only reason this place gets 2 stars and not 1 is because it did keep us dry when it rained (poured) the morning we left.
Otherwise, it is very outdated, upkeep is poor. We stayed in cottage #9. We kept getting wiffs of septic tank or something. When I checked out, I mentioned this to the owner, and he said he would send a plumber over, but otherwise we received no apology/compensation.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple