“Breathtaking surroundings with down home charm!!”

Pinehaven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Baraboo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We loved Pinehaven and found ourselves to be newbies among all the returning guests we met each morning at breakfast. We have only high marks for this B&B and would love to return the next time we are in the area. Pam and her husband are wonderful hosts. It was an honor to meet the original proprietor at breakfast one morning who happens to reside across the road. Breakfast was served on time on a beautifully set table with formal touches--hot, delicious and plentiful. My daughter and I enjoyed a game of Scrabble one evening and were happy to have Pam join in. She is a masterful player and shared a number of her winning strategies. We highly recommend this lovely B&B to anyone who is looking for all the comforts of home in a gorgeous, relaxing setting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Pinehaven Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Even though we have many years experience with B & B's, we were surprised to stumble upon this one. Everything about it was wonderful. It was super clean, the rooms were perfect, and Pam, the inn keeper, was gracious and attentive. We enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their specific charms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I and our two adult children stayed at the Pinehaven guest cottage for three nights. We had a wonderful stay. Pam was a knowledgeable and friendly hostess, the cottage was lovely, the grounds were beautiful. It was so nice to wake up in the morning to a picturesque view of the lake and surrounding countryside. We wondered if Pinehaven could possibly live up to the great reviews that we had read at this site, but it did! We all want to go there again. It is truly a relaxing beautiful place. And I can't say enough about how helpful and friendly Pam was! Also it's right in the middle of a lot of attractions so it's an easy drive to Baraboo, the Dells, the state parks, etc.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Meeting up with my son and his family in Wisconsin for a much larger family reunion in the area later in the week, my son had booked us at Pinehaven for two nights. While I trust my son's judgement, I had never stayed at a B&B before and did not know quite what to expect. The house and grounds are meticulously clean and well maintained, and cleanliness is #1 for me and mom. More impressive is Pam's love for running the family B&B and taking care of her guests. She provided gourmet multi-course breakfasts that were delectable. Pam gave us great recommendations on things to do while we were there, as well as at our final destination in the Dells. In two days I feel like we got to know each other as she is very friendly and outgoing without being the least bit overbearing. The next time I am in the Baraboo area this is where I am staying!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We found Pinehaven while we were looking for a quiet place to get away before we met up with 25 other family members in the Dells for the weekend. We initially booked the guest cottage but moved to two rooms in the B&B. The entire property is spotlessly clean, inside and out. Pam was a gracious host, always available to chat. She has lived in this area her whole life, and knows every attraction and restaurant in the region - also the best way to get there, what to order, and who to ask for. She was able to recommend a day full of activities (at our request), customized to our preferences, and it all worked out just great.

Nice pond behind the property complete with rowboat and swim/fish dock. Plenty of places to sit and enjoy the scenery. The perfect balance of new folks to chat with and solitude to get away.

Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed getting to know the rest of the family, right down to the hound dog.

If I had it to do over again I'd cancel our stay at Kalahari and move the whole group down to the B&B, then make day trips to the water parks.

One of my best stays ever - and I travel quite a bit.

1  Thank photomikey
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went to Baraboo 4th of July weekend to visit our daughter. She's doing an internship at the International Crane Foundation nearby and asked for hotel recommendations . Because she's just 22, I was a bit hesitant about where our daughter would be "placing" us when she mentioned Pinehaven...but I was immediately at ease after speaking on the phone with Pam! Pam was very accommodating to our needs and could not have been nicer while we were there. In fact, my 17 year-old-son was so impressed by her (oh, she got him with those spectacular home-cooked breakfasts!!!) that he asked me a few days ago, "Mom, did you ever write a review for Mrs. Pam?"
We loved hearing about the history of Pinehaven, owned by her husband's parents but now run by Pam and her husband. They have put a lot of time and love into refreshing the property, and it is impeccable: the rooms are clean, the common areas are welcoming and the outdoor areas are beautifully landscaped and filled with flowers. It may be easy to impress adults, but try impressing a 17 year old boy! Pam and Pinehaven did!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here and after the experience we can't wait to go back and spend some more time there. We could only stay one night and it was not nearly long enough to enjoy the serenity this place provides. Pam provided a great breakfast and then sat down to talk with us about her B and B. After the talk I feel more like part of the family then just somebody who rented a room for the night. That is what you get when you stay here and you will not be disappointed at all. It's close to everything but you will feel like you where miles from anything in this serene setting. If your looking for a B and B you will not find one better!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are a great choice
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Pam G, Manager at Pinehaven Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you and I am so glad you enjoyed your brief getaway. I look forward to your return visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Campus Inn Motel
Campus Inn Motel
#8 of 11 in Baraboo
Inn at Wawanissee Point

Been to Pinehaven Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!