“Old and worn out”
Review of Super 8 Beloit

Super 8 Beloit
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have stayed here about once a year for the last 6 years to attend a meeting with a business partner ... no more. This place has been slowing wearing down with little to no maintenance and it has caught up with the place. The furnishings, carpet, linens, even the coffee makers are worn out. My A\C unit was rattling so much I couldn't stay in my room. The maintenance guy came and moved stuff around until it got quieter and said, "That's all I can do". When I met for dinner with the guy that was traveling with me, he said his A\C didn't even cool his room down a bit. Later, by the time I went to bed, my rattle was back ... worse than before. The staff is okay, but, nothing special. Anyways, I won't be back. I stay at Holiday Inns often and this is one of the worst.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Chris G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. I want to assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our property, which does include the rooms on property.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is an older 2 story hotel. It is not fancy at all, with a small lobby and plain entrance, but it had everything I needed. The rooms are small but scrupulously clean, the shower had good water pressure, the curtains blocked out the light and the a/c /heater unit was quiet enough. The bed was very comfortable; firm but with a comfy pillow top. The bedding was just right, smooth, not scratchy and just the right thickness, unlike some hotels that have these huge down comforters that weigh a ton and make you roast all night. I had a problem with a plugged toilet and the staff came IMMEDIATELY! The breakfast was really good with scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, hot cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, juice, good coffee and other choices. I slept great and enjoyed the luxury of a hot breakfast. As a female traveling alone, I felt safe in the hotel. It was quiet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Had 1 of our little weekends out of the house. We have stayed at his HIEx in past years for it's large pool, nice exercise room, and excellent brkfst & cocktail hour. The only problem is we found quite a few ants near a garbage can in the pool area. There are signs posted restricting food and drink to the pool area so i'm not sure why they put a garbage can in there. We had one of the closer rooms to the pool, some of the stray ants found there way to our room as well. Front desk was understanding and gave a discount on the room rate.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear jimmail1166,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry about the ants in the pool area. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. They do a great job with evening snacks and breakfast. The rooms are clean however they are small. The pool area is just right with handicap access and it is fairly warm. We have stayed here many times as it is convenient. It used to be another hotel chain, probably why the rooms are small.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

One of the smaller expresses we have stayed in. The room was ready when we arrived. It was clean and what was expected for a single queen. The managers reception included a delicious soup and cheeses with cold cuts. We ate enough that we didn't need to find a restaurant to have dinner. Between the reception and breakfast, there was real value for our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is the best Holiday Inn Express I've been too. Free drinks at happy hour, excellent service, standard Holiday Inn Express complimentary breakfast, comfy beds, good AC in the rooms, microwave & fridge.

I rate this hotel comparing it to others in the same price/quality range, and speaking as someone who travels frequently.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We usually always have a good experience at Holiday Inn Express. They had a nice appetizer and drink reception. The rooms were clean and the service was good. Beloit is a nice little town. I would have enjoyed more time to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Quality Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 8 in Beloit
Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit

Been to Super 8 Beloit? Share your experiences!