“Good Experience...Except for Wake Up Call” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Beloit

Super 8 Beloit
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Miles City
“Good Experience...Except for Wake Up Call”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Checked in around 9:00pm after a very long day driving. Front desk clerk was very pleasant and professional. Obtained a double room and it was modern, clean and comfortable. Bed was super comfortable. Attempted to set alarm clock and switch indicating alarm had been set kept turning on and off....kind of like a short or something? Called front desk and arranged for 4am wake-up call. Luckily I woke up at 4:25am because wake-up call didn't come until 4:35am. Would have been a little upset to have overslept and negated the extra miles we had driven the previous day because we still had 1000 miles to go. Overall, a nice hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Liza C, General Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Brenda K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Beloit. I am very happy to hear the front desk clerk was pleasant and professional as we strive to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. I am also glad you enjoyed the room and that it was clean and comfortable for you, as customer service and cleanliness are our number one goals here. However, I would like to offer my sincere apology for the alarm clock turning on and off, especially for scheduling the wrong time for your wake up call. I am glad everything turned out well and that you were overall satisfied with your stay. I hope you arrived safe to your destination. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beloit
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This "express" hotel has it all and I was impressed. I booked through Priceline so I got a decent rate, the staff was friendly, and there were many amenities:
pool/hot tub,
fitness room,
free wi-fi,
happy hour (cocktails, cheese & crackers in the lobby),
many yummy breakfast choices,
and then in the room:
coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, microwave, refrigerator -
I definitely recommend to others!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank h2count
HIEBel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

It is fabulous to hear that we met your standards. It is exceptional to hear that the staff at our location was friendly and you enjoyed the amenities. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and recommending us to your family and friends.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Clean but needs refinement. Room just didn't feel up to the HIE brand. Bed was fine, room was clean. Bathroom seems to be the most disappointing. Hot breakfast was great, though.

I'm not a professional critic, but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night.

Stayed January 2014
HIEBel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I am sorry that the Holiday Inn Express in Beloit did not meet your standards. I am truly sorry if you found our rooms to be dated and regret your dissatisfaction with some of our amenities.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us a try again in the future.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I gave this motel a 4 star based on a comparison with similar types of properties. I think the rooms are very clean and mine did not need a face lift. I was happy there for many reasons. First of all, the clerk was super friendly and gave me a room where I wanted one. I had no advance reservation. Secondly, she told me there was a happy hour and it had a wonderful selection. Not only beer and wine but cheese and crackers, vegies and dip, soup, chips and salsa, cookies. I was truly impressed. I needed photocopies for a court hearing the next morning, and the evening clerk made numerous ones for me without hesitation and with a smile on her face. When I'm in Beloit I typically stay at the Hampton Inn down the road but tried this hotel and I will return. My bathroom was clean and fresh. I agree the heating system is a bit noisy but I had no trouble sleeping. I truly enjoyed my night at this hotel and can recommend it if you are in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We appreciate the view, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

It is wonderful to hear that we met your standards for your stay!! We continually strive to meet the needs of our guests. It is fabulous to hear that your front desk associate was accommodating in regards to the copies as well as your room location. I am sorry that you experienced a noisy window unit, but I am happy to hear that it did not affect your sleep.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express- Beloit for your travel needs. Thank you again for your review and hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Girl's hockey team stayed over Christmas. Rented about 16 rooms, reviewing the bill a month later showed they whacked my personal credit card a $250 fine 3 days after the team left for apparently the girls leaving subway wrappers in the breakfast area. Visa dispute doesn't solve it, maybe a criminal complaint will.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
HIEBel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with your latest visit. Most hotels within the IHG brand typically have house rules to ensure a safe, relaxing and enjoyable stay so we also provide them guidelines when you arrive. At check in a signature on the registration card is required to advise you of the consequences that would take place in the event the rules were not followed. We want all of our guests to enjoy staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel after the Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley. Checkin was great and included a Happy Hour. However, all the rest went down hill. This property needs a complete face lift. The rooms were old, bathrooms were showing age with dirty and chipped tile. Both bathroom drains, tub and sink, were slow to empty. Carpet was dirty and soiled. The free breakfast in the morning was not well attended to by staff and numerous items were not refilled, ie: biscuits and gravy ran out and was 15-20 min. before more was brought out. Granted, there were allot of people there so staff should have made note to have more items prepared. Would question if i were to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Cuda80,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you found our check-in process to be great. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received in our breakfast area. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Irvington, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was a quick stop for a shower and shut eye. Nice very clean rooms, cooler fill for ice. Breakfast offered in the morning clean and nice. Plenty to choose from. Nice on off, highway access. Fast food next door, gas and many more restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family