“Clean, Fun, Great Food”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Cleveland
“Clean, Fun, Great Food”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

An older hotel that is kept up. The restaurant had great food. The bar opens at 6am and has three happy hours. Its more like a neighborhood bar. I would go back. Since all the Midwest League (baseball minor league) I fiqured it would be cool.

Lots of shopping and restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Champaign IL
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were very pleased with the accommodations. Clean and comfortable, room in good condition with fridge + helpful desk clerk. No iron or hair dryer in room, but that was okay. Occasionally a little noisy, but we were able to sleep. Room's inner corridor and outside doors made guest traffic more noticeable, including guests returning from the main building's bar at 1 a.m. Great location, but could hear freeway traffic. Perhaps a room on the far side of the restaurant would've helped. Biggest complaint is the restaurant's dishonesty. We had a choice of a free continental breakfast or $2 off for a one-time through buffet. My husband first got a cup of juice, which was supposed to be free. He then decided he wanted the buffet. After being vague about what the actual cost of it would be, the waitress charged for his drink without mentioning it. Since I went continental with nearly nothing to eat, I asked if we could make the drink mine, and she recalculated the bill.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Very well kept up motel. Doors open to a hallway and also to the outside. Very convenient in this respect. Bed was fine, A/C was fine, everything was clean.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2010

When we arrived at this hotel we came to our room which had 2 queen beds. Both of which were terrible, Springs were coming through and very old mattresses were used there. After pulling the covers back I noticed a pill of some kind laying on the floor, Not sure what it was nor did I care, I was upset that the room was not vacuumed appropriately. In the doorway going into the room the plate on the bottom was not attached, I tripped over it going into the room. I would advise everyone not to stay here ever....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Beloit hotels

Billings MT
Reviewed 27 September 2008

I loved this stop. Nice clean very large room with a door onto a pretty courtyard. It was nice to sit in shaded fresh air after a long hot drive. No pool or spa but I dont' use those anyway.High speed internet. The adjoining restaurant served a discounted breakfast for the motel which was the best meal I had on a two week trip.

• Liked — Cleanliness and quiet
  • Disliked — didn't find anything not to like
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2008

We arrived well after midnight. Since there are five in our family, our reservation requested a roll-away bed, but none was available. We always bring an air mattress, so that was no problem for us. The person who checked us in supposedly removed the extra charge for the roll-away, but it was still listed when I checked out in the morning. There was no problem removing the charge at check out, but I'm glad I asked about it. The room included breakfast vouchers for either a continental breakfast or a $2 per person discount at the hotel restaurant. Since the continental breakfast seemed rather skimpy, we opted for the discount. That was a good choice because the food we ordered was good and pretty cheap with the discount. However, since we spent some money, it didn't turn out to be a free breakfast. There isn't anything fancy about this hotel, but we got a clean room and a good breakfast for a reasonable price - just what we needed since we were just passing through on our way somewhere else.

• Liked — Close to the Interstate
  • Disliked — Having to ask twice to get roll away charge removed
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 28 April 2008

There are lots of hotel/motels in Beloit. The Econo Lodge shares it's site with a County Kitchen and you get a voucher with your room for the restaurant.

My room had a outside entrance along with a door to the hallway. It appears the property has just gone through major renovations with everything in my room new. No problems with noise.

I used the on site laundry just one washer and dryer, the nice thing for the surrounding rooms there was a 9PM cut off.

Overall a nice clean room, I paid $60.00 for twin queens including all taxes and fees.

• Liked — Nice room great value for the money
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)