“The staff is not very friendly or helpful”

Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel
Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We incurred extra charges at check in that we were not told about when we reserved the room. The room was small and cramped. And when we asked for a slightly later check out time the staff was rude and unhelpful. They said they couldn't because of the holiday weekend when there were only 4 cars in the parking lot. I would recommend staying away from this hotel. Not a good value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Spike322

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Horrible manager, he was so rude to us. Booked onlne with tingo and paid $86.66 for two people,he made fun of us for paying so when we could of had it for $64. Paid $15 dollars extra a night for extra person. Higher than anyone else. Beds hard, dirty hallway, only got 2 sets of towels. He complained about us using too many towels, water and eating the complimentary breakfast. We did not eat breakfast not much there. Don;t recommend any one to stay at this hotel. Worst experince I have ever had. Ice machine didn;t even work.

Room Tip: I would choose none!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank bonnie b
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was in Berlin for business and stayed at the Countryside Lodge. A small and clean hotel, excellent breakfast, rooms are nice with all amenities, free wireless internet, and great fitness room.The front desk Clark was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The beds were terribly uncomfortable! The pricing seemed inflated, but it is the only hotel in town. It seemed clean, but is need of a facelift including new beds and bedding!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler571
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My associate and I were visiting in Berlin Wisconsin and decided to stay at the Countryside Lodge. A small very clean hotel.

No it doesn't have the flat screens and a suite but for approximately $80, it is a very good value with continental breakfast. It has a nice work-out area, weight machine, treadmill, bike, stair climber better than some of the Hampton's, Doubletree, Choice hotels etc.at which i stayed.

The sink is in the room itself with toliet and bathtub/shower combo in separate small room.

It has FREE wireless which I find with some name brand hotels in cities is only Free if you are a Silver or above member otherwise at least $9/day.

The hotel is conveniently located to many small stores and restaurant/bars. Supermarket is on the west of the hotel and family style restaurant south hotel. Downtown with other eating options is about a 5-1o minute walk. Note: we were there Monday night so some of these places were not open. We asked the owner where maybe a good place to eat and get a drink and he suggested downtown versus the closer places.

Room Tip: I am not picky so any room if clean is good for me. I was on second floor and did not see an elevat...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jo_and_Tom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Beds are had didn't get much sleep. Owner is very rude. Next time I'll stay somewhere else even if I have to drive 50 miles

• Stayed: March 2011
5  Thank didntknow
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed the night at the Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel on Sept.25th 2010. The place was clean and the people where very nice, and easy to deal with. The hotel is quiet and the breakfast was good. The only thing I would say is a down fall for me was the bed was very hard. I do not consider this a bd thing just something I am not use to. Check -in and check-out went smooth and we as a group were very happy with our stay. The price was very reasonable also. I would stay again if I were going through Berlin again. Lots of easy to get to places near hotel, food, gas, Dollar General, and a food store, within walking distance of hotel. A nice place to stop and stay awhile. Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel get a thumbs up from rating form this group of 6. Thanks and maybe we will stay again next year at this same time.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank olsoncarol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Boarders Inn and Suites Ripon, WI
Boarders Inn and Suites Wautoma, WI
La Quinta Inn Oshkosh
La Quinta Inn Oshkosh
#3 of 11 in Oshkosh

Been to Countryside Lodge Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!