“Weekend away with old friends”

Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Birchwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay with Mary Lou at the Cobblestone. It is a warm and homey atmosphere, with a choice of rooms that made it hard to decide which one to stay in. The bed was warm and cozy and I slept very well. The breakfast was great and the cook was fabulous. I have recommended this B&B to many of my friends, and they were pleased too!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Although our trip was short, the time we spent at the Cobblstone was absolutely wonderful. The beauty and serenity of the rooms were soothing to the work-weary soul, and MaryLou is a fabulous hostess. Everything was warm and comfortable and geared toward the guests.

Room Tip: Each room has its own charm and personality; there are no "bad" rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The best 2 days away from home I have had in a long time. The host only complimented the already great atmosphere of the Cobblrstone B & B. In this peaceful setting I had the best sleep in a while. The food and conversation was warming to the soul....Thanks for a wonderful time Marylou!

Room Tip: All the roomd
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed here with my family for two days, and I must say the place is just darling. The beds are comfy as can be and the place is very home like. Everyday breakfast got better and better. We had blueberry pancakes , eggs Benedict , French toast and amazing coffee. The owner was very personable and made sure we had what we needed at all times. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone who is looking for a fantastic quiet peacefull place to stay:)

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Comfortable rooms, fabulous meals, Beautiul scenery around, 2 cute cats that don't bother and are really easy to pet( that is if desired). Feels super homey and filled with lots of love and kindness.

Come stay here! You won't regret it!! It's a great place With lots of places near by!

Thank you Mary Lou!

:D

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have had the opportunity and good fortune of enjoying several stays at the Cobblestone over the past several years. From the moment you arrive the atmosphere and tasteful charm make you feel "right at home". The consistent manner in which Mary Lou has displayed a willingness to accommodate to meet the demands or needs of each visit is far beyond any I have experienced in the hospitality industry. Each room is tastefully themed and competitively priced to appeal to most budgets. My favorite part of each stay has to be the breakfast. Not only the presentation and generous proportions. The laughter and conversation are a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Be aware that the cancellation policy is not as represented on the website. When we needed to get in touch we were not recontacted at a... and eventually heard a change of "it's not my fault" from the owner.

Breakfast was ok, but hearing about the owners medical problems through all of breakfast time was not what we expected.

The upstairs room was too hot and made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alias1234
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

In 18 years of business I have received my first bad review. I remember this person well. The reason behind the registration chaos began with his trying to cancel last minute. When I replyed with my cancellation policy he told me he never received it. I belong to resnexus reservation system and this is how it works. There is a box you check you have read and agree to the policy. You are then sent a copy of your confirmation and I receive it after you so I know you have read and agree to the policy. When he called to try to cancel the day before arrival and tried to get out of the agreement he told me he never received the confirmation. Untrue, impossible. As far as the room too warm, they ran the thermo massage tub for over and hour and a half. My girlfriend asked me what all the banging was that was going on upstairs and I told her it sounded like they were trying to open the windows, but because the humidity were swollen shut. The conversation the next morning was of his wife whom he told me had M.S.. I was coversating with her on the similairities of my own disease, I guess he did not care to hear but she seamed reseptive. To my suprise when I read this responce I was shocked because he referred to himself as Dr.......... . By the way he was not a doctor but had a phd in counceling. Maybe that was where my confusion came in in the first place. All in all he did not pay sales tax, he siad he was tax exempt and I did not charge him the 35.00 fee. I howver had tro pay his sales tax, because he ran part of the bill by card before he came adn did not tell me he was tax exempt toill after he came. I believe the chaos was not only in the registration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birchwood
Comfort Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Northern Pine Inn
Northern Pine Inn
#15 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!