“Traditional Cretan food.”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Family run taverna which is the best in the square, the food is always plentiful and of a high standard with excellent cretan flavours.
Will always make it my first port of call on our regular visits to our family in Crete.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, great food, real Greek atmosphere and lovely run family taverna. We visit regularly and never fails to deliver. Polli calla to Takis and his girls.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I really like everything I tried there! The food was delicious. The staff friendly and kind. Will definitely go there again

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Called into this lovely Tavern with my girlfriend and friends,the meals we had were so nice we will definitely be returning here the owner and his family made you so welcome.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I have visited Plaka over the last 7 years and Takis and his family always have a warm welcome. Homemade Greek food is excellent and the portions always plentiful.. Takis is a wonderful host and I would recommend a visit to Takis Taverna, it certainly won't be your last.