“very gracious service”

Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls
Reviewed 6 July 2014

These people were very gracious to me! I had made arrangements for two rooms at this hotel as a rest stop for a group going to a canoe fishing trip in Minnesota BWCA. I made a mistake and booked for the day before we arrived! After 16 hours on the road I was sure the group would kill me if we did not get rooms asap. The hotel was almost full but the clerk was wonderful and quickly located two rooms for us and did not chastize me about missing the reservation. She even honored a retired military discount that I had not known about when I booked. Everything was clean, the rooms were spacious, and breakfast was tasty. Highly reccomended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Ken,
We are so glad it worked out that you could stay with us despite the date snaffoo! It was great to have you and your group with us! We hope the rest of your trip went smoothly and everyone had a great time!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here for the fourth of July. Normally stay at a different hotel in the area. This is a very clean hotel. Price was excellent. Room was very clean and beds are very comfortable pillow top mattresses. All the staff that we came in contact with was beyond courteous. We will definitely stay here again. Loved that we could get right to the ATV trails. Thank you Comfort Inn for making our fourth a great evening.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Nicole,
Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites of Black River Falls! Also thank you for the great review! We are happy to have provided a great experience for your 4th of July weekend excursion! We look forward to your next visit!
Safe Travels & Happy Trails,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel is showing its age. The room was cleaned. Didnt like that the AC fan would not stay on automatically. I like fan noise when I sleep. The AC was cranked way down in hopes it would stay running, but it would click off within seconds. Beds were nice. Staff was friendly. Kudos to the young man working the breakfast area. He actually ask us if we wanted anything else, before he starting closing it down. Pool looked okay; however, when I walked around the kiddy area just to check it all out to write review, there was mold by the stairs to the kiddy slide. How many parents sit on one side of the pool and are not aware of the mold. This should have never been to the black MOLD stage. How many days had it been that way to develop MOLD ? The staff like to smoke outside door C. Could they be asked to smoke further back in the parking area so those entering those doors are not drenched in old stale smoke.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the info on the smoking issue. Yes, our employees are supposed to step out behind the building and not be near the entrances. I made sure to remind them of this rule!
Cleaning the algae near the kiddie pool side steps is a constant task for our maintenance staff due to the glass wall of patio doors and windows on that south side allowing direct full sunlight. I apologize that the staff had not stayed on top of that during your stay. Please be assured that it was taken care of before I could even mention it to the staff. I have advised them to be more diligent on this matter as well.
I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention and I am glad to see also that you were pleased with the service at breakfast and that your room was clean!
We hope you will consider staying with us again and I encourage you to contact me at the hotel if you have any questions or further concerns and I will be happy to speak with you more.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband has a hunting trailer in the area. I refuse to stay there without running water and electricity. So when we travel up there I stay at the Comfort Inn. Out of all the hotels in the area i enjoy staying here. Rooms are clean. Service is great, and its always my choice of hotel in the black river falls area. We will be traveling there in two weeks to do work on the trailer and I'm looking forward to my stay at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank beth k k

Dear Beth,
Thank you for choosing us as your hunting cabin alternative while you are in the area. Running water and electricity rank right up there as requirements for most women when traveling as well. LOL!
Our staff will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will continue to use our property as your get-away!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

When I called to see if they had rooms available they were very friendly. When we arrived we were greeted by everyone at the front desk, even those not helping us. The beds were sooo comfy! I haven't slept that good in a long time! We highly recommend staying here! And when we left, different staff but was asked how our stay was by both people behind the desk.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,
It is so nice to hear we were able to make your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one! I am lucky to have such great staff members who truly love taking care of our guests! We all want to say thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Don't know if ownership changed, but the service is definitely lacking. My clock didn't work -- took it to the front desk and asked to have new one taken to my room. Must have needed to punish me -- never did get a new clock -- glad I didn't complain about the bed. Mentioned the shower drain was extremely slow -- to no avail -- still slow the second and third days as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Kim,
Thank you for being a loyal guest over the years! I am sorry you experienced those problems during your most recent stay! Maintenance reported that they did check the drains during your stay and found that the drain needed to be replaced. Unfortunately we did not have the correct part. The new parts should arrive today actually. Thank you so much for alerting us to this problem so that we can fix it!
The clerk who failed to relay the message about the alarm clock is no longer going to be working here. I am so sorry we dropped the ball!
Again, my apologies and I hope you will give us another try to deliver the same great service you were used to receiving!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Our room was nicely maintained and the beds were nice and comfortable. Best hotel pillows I've had in quite awhile. The continental breakfast was large and had lots of good options. We will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda H
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Linda H,
Thank you for the nice review. We are very glad to hear the accomodations were comfortable and well kept. We hope you will come visit us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Black River Falls
Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & S...
#1 of 6 in Black River Falls
Super 8 Neillsville WI
Super 8 Neillsville WI
#1 of 2 in Neillsville
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Black River Falls
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Black R...
#4 of 6 in Black River Falls

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls? Share your experiences!