“Good local food”

Agriturismo Soleseid
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in San Vigilio
Price range: US$7 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian, Austrian, International, European
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ladin farm, in the heart of the Dolomites, located directly on the ski slopes, possibility 'lunch for passersby and dinners by reservation, panoramic view, own products.
Kamnik
“Good local food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Typical and good food,nice place with a nice panorama from where you see the village from upside.the way up hill can be,,hard'during the winter time.

1 Thank 15adela

Zagreb, Croatia
“Delicious meal, unforgettable view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Domestic atmosphere, local "Ladin" cuisine. Meals done from meat and vegetable produced on the farm. We realy enjoyed local cuisine.
In addition to realy good meals is unforgettable view on San Vigilio. Prices are affordable. We will come back again.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Leo P
Milan, Italy
“San Vigilio = Soleseid. Hospitality - Comfort - View - Ski - Cuisine: don't go anywhere else!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was last week at Soleseid, for a ski holiday, togheter with my fianceé, and I'm really really glad to confirm all the other wonderful reviews. As I said in my profile (sorry modesty) usually i do not fail in chossing hotels, and this time too I’ve been more than satisfied!!!
This are the 5 strongest points of the Soleseid (not necessarily in a preference order): Hospitality - Comfort - Panorama - Ski - Cuisine.
First, there I’ve met not only some truly professional colleagues, but real friends. Federico and Katherina were friendly, warm, helpful and attentive to all our needs throughout the holiday. Even the rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful! I'm glad to start this review with the biggest thanks to you all! I expect you soon in Rome in my hotel!
So, let’s pass talking about the structure’s characteristics. The Soleseid is an agritourism which combines the features of the traditional Sudtiroler "Maso" and those of a modern hotel. We have booked the suite in the newly renovated area, so cozy!! The room was very spacious, the same about the bathroom. Half side of the room is divided by a wooden wall from an old farmhouse, truly picturesque, which opens on a sitting room. From the living room you get out on a beautiful terrace with a 180° view of the village of St. Vigilio and the peaks of Fanes Braies National Park. I leave at your imagination the show at sunset ...
Very nice sauna too in the hotel.
And now the best: on the left side of the terrace, for those skiers like me, the real solution to your needs: direct access to the Erta downhill. Literally, you can arrive in the room skis on your feet. Above the Soleseid you’ll find the start of the famous track Piculin, one of the finest black downhills in the world, on the other hand, in twenty minutes you can climb to Kronplatz area. The village is easily accessible in 10 minutes by car, through a beautiful road in the woods. I do not think we need to say anything more about the location ...
Now for the real treat that is making the famous Soleseid in South Tyrol: Suditoler finest cuisine. All regional specialties with a touch of originality, and you, even if you’re not sleeping there, the next time you get to the Piculin stop at the Soleseid and have your lunch, the restaurant is really worth a visit and then ... The "Stinco", knuckle of pork: it is a must for anyone who will be on holiday around Kronplatz.
They also have a very good selection of wines.
Well there's not much else to say except that the next time I’ll return to Kronplatz, the Soleseid will newly be my hotel, also for the excellent money value.
Meanwhile, you also have to go there, trust me ;-)

• Visited March 2013