“Good fishing, camping, and hiking!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blanchardville
Yellowstone Lake State Park Camping
“Good fishing, camping, and hiking!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

smaller campground which is nice. Sites are separated very nicely, we stayed at a walk in site and loved it. It's about a two minute hike though so be ware if you don't want to carry your stuff that far. Two boat landings and a swimming area made it easy to utilize the lake. Rented a paddle boat for 3 hours for only 20 bucks. Not bad. Has a restaurant which we got ice, ice cream, and breakfast. Pack everything that you need otherwise you will be driving 15 minutes back to town. No camp store. two sets of showers, definitely use the ones in the newer building cause you have your own door then. Pretty clean but some people are just rude and make a mess, but that happens everywhere unfortunately. group sites are nice and big if you have a large crowd. Electric sites are nice because the outlet is off to the side but in the middle of camp site. Lots of bat houses help with the mosquitos! Trails are alright, nothing too spectacular. We will definitely come back next summer and bring our dog! Very pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank Jennarae24

Solo
Business
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We have stayed at this campground before and we liked the beach so much we went back again. Everything was good this time, the flush bathrooms were clean, the group lot we stayed on was big, the beach and lake was nice. The only gripes are the long walk (no vehicles allowed) to get down to our site, and the earwigs were terrible and got into everything!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Dave P
Reviewed 7 August 2011

So after a 4 hour drive and $200 for food and gas for a day and a half went home Hey my truck was already packed so we went home. They offer me another site but should of gave it to the people that reserve it it was there mistake they gave wrong site. Was there at my wrong site for 7 hours Opened back of truck and my cooler falls out. Omg what mess Nice place but if u come here make sure u ask twice about what site your on Won't be back !!! And what ever mr.ranger was writing I also didn't tell him I'm in charge of the air-condition for milwaukee people everyday. It's up to him what happens. I left site clean. Didn't want $350 ticket my 5 year-old liked it but for my wife well I think she wasn't to happy because she had to drive home because I had a few beers Got home 4:00am.

• Stayed August 2011
9 Thank Dgfdgdgrcg
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We have been coming to Yellowstone Lake State Park for 3 years now, and we love it. We are from Illinois and have camped in quite few state parks in Illinois, and none compare to Yellowstone Lake. This park has it all; excellent camp sites, large clean bathrooms and showers, pit toilets, a large lake for fishing and water sports, a beach, and a restaurant with decent food, and great ice cream. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The bats keep the mosquitos at bay and are fun to watch as they come out at dusk. This place is very family friendly and worth the drive from Chicago. Book your summer stay at the beginning of the year as this place is quite popular. You will not be disappointed!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank TeamGomez
WI
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Eveelynn did such a nice review that there is not a lot more to add! Although I tend to be the antithesis of a creature of habit, I make a reservation for my young daughter and I at this campsite every summer. Going at the height of mosquito season (everywhere else, that is) provides delightful respite as the bats keep the mosquitos at bay and provide loads of bat-watching fun for me & my kiddo. Go during mulberry season (June) and you will be treated to all the mulberries you can stand.

The walk-in sites are by far the best tent camping sites. They tend to be large, grassy, with or without shade, and free from traffic/other camper activities of most sorts. What counts as a walk-in site in WI State Park campgrounds is hardly a walk at all. All the "walks in" are very short. My daughter and I love to visit what we call the "secret playground". It is an old, old swing set, merry-go-round, and sandbox. No one else ever plays there (as there is a bigger, brighter, plastic-er playground elsewhere in the park). You'll have to find this on your own . . . 'cuz, well . . . it's a secret.

The little restaurant by the dam is so quaint. My favorite thing about it is that the locals come there for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. The food is not great, and the service is usually worse, but somehow none of that matters. The good quality hand-scooped ice cream is a wonderful treat after spending a hot afternoon on the beach. Oh, watch out for the steep hill back to the campgrounds! I tried to ride my bike pulling my toddler daughter in a trailer up the hill a few years ago. Bad, bad idea. It was even hard work just walking the bike and trailer (w/ kiddo inside) up the hill.

Nice hiking trails, albeit short (also consistent w/ many State Park trials in WI). Lovely prairie flowers and grasses.

Do a side trip to Argyle to the Toy Train Barn if you get a chance. Way kid-friendly - even the big black dog is super friendly. Take a ride around the farm on the train powered by an old Volkswagon engine (if I remember correctly).

Apparently there WAS even more to say about this lovely park than the previous reviewer mentioned!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
10 Thank bonitabonita
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We camped at the park this past week. The lake is huge, longer than wide. Lots of water sports. A small beach on the lake with lots of picnic spots and toilets. There's a small restaurant on the lake that sells food and ice cream treats. You can rent boats there, buy wood or bait.

Our campsite was a good size as most are. There are flush toilets and pit, and nice showers. You can hear owls at night along with coyotes and cows! The park is surrounded by dairy farms.

One of the attractions to this park is the little brown bats. A worker built many bat houses throughout the park and campers come at sunset to watch the bats come out of their houses. This means there are very few mosquitoes in the park. We've had flooding and lots of rain in the area the last couple of months, it would be unbearable if it weren't for the bats I'm sure.

This is a nice park and a lovely campground. There are also group campsites that looked very large with electricity. Other sites also have electricity for campers, we stayed in a tent.

12 Thank Eveelynn

Been to Yellowstone Lake State Park Camping? Share your experiences!