“Quaint - rustic - decent place for casual dining”
Review of Main Street Cafe

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Bloomer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant offers a decent value proposition. Is is very rustic - almost too rustic but the food is decent and the price is decent. Certainly would recommend for anyone visiting Bloomer on a side trip.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've been going to this place for years with my parents and my grandparents since I was young,and I thought I would look it up to see if it was even on here and I think I should defend this place a bit.
This is a small farm town cafe you can see that by the antique decor it's not a five star restaurant. It's a sit back enjoy your food and relax while you eat your pie after kinda place. Their food I'd good and you get a good portion, they have daily specials with meals that your mom used to make chicken, roast pork and roast beef with mash potatoes and veggies and salad. The service can be hit our miss it depends on who you get but that is everywhere.
But over all love this place good food, great atmosphere, always good people to talk to I'm always glad to head over there to eat.

1  Thank AnnFH26
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Always trying to find a good fish fry, have tried most in Chippewa Valley.
Main St Cafe had good fish however I would not get their shrimp, not so good very little shrimp, all batter.

1  Thank wtmrdms
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Get off the highway for this one. We had heard of their reputation for great pie so stopped while traveling in the area. The food was very generous and well presented. I had the fried chicken with salad and fries. I had my choice of all white, dark or mixed. The presentation was very good with greenery on the plate, three peach halves ( you never see that anymore). The portion was so generous I ended up taking home more that I ate. Never did get to the pie so I must return

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We went out of our way to try this place out because we had heard of their pies, but we were definitely put off by it's lack of clean tables, walls, floors and decor. The food was so-so. I tried the key lime pie. The crust was good, but it was not like any other key lime pie I had had before...jello and cool whip maybe? I'm sure they do fine with the locals in this small town, but we won't be back, and I'm sorry we went input of our way to go in the first place.

1  Thank chilled79