“Amazing getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blue Mounds
Prevailing Winds Lodge
Savannah, Georgia
“Amazing getaway!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to Prevailing Winds with some friends to celebrate a special event and it was the perfect setting to celebrate and relax. The entire house was absolute stunning but still somehow totally cozy. From the treats when you walked in to the truffles in the room- they had thought of every little detail. We even wanted to purchase the bed sheets as they were so comfortable, we actually asked the next morning where we could get them for home! The breakfast tasted incredible and was served with great coffee (a huge plus for us). We could not have been happier with the experience! Meagan and Woj

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A friend and I went to prevailing winds to celebrate graduation, and I couldn't have asked for a nicer way to celebrate and relax. I have stayed at several b&b's, and this is easily one of my favorites. They had every amenity that I could have asked for. The decor was beautiful but comfortable, and the breakfast was amazing. The bed was so comfortable that my boyfriend wanted to buy a mattress like the one there. I definitely recommend staying here. - Jen

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We went on the opening week and had a lovely time. The house and grounds are beautiful. Steve and Jen are wonderful and have done an amazing job with the lodge. Food and room were fantastic. The decor is a great mix of feminine and masculine. You'll love it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a wonderful stay we had....again! We repeat visited for our anniversary and they exceeded our already high expectations from last year. We were treated beyond compare and everything was absolutely perfect - the luxurious bed, the beautiful and comfortable lodge, the spacious and inviting grounds, the warm and friendly atmosphere, the positive and caring company, and of course the wonderfully delectable food!! Julie C

Room Tip: We adore both the Mountain Pine Room and the Arizona Pine Room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Everything was so beautiful!
Me and my boyfriend booked a night in the Mountain Pine Room to celebrate both of our birthdays and our 1 year anniversary. We got there a little before check in, so we took a stroll around the land before going in... there were chickens running around a coop, which we were told later were there to contribute fresh eggs for our breakfast the next morning! There are a few different hiking/strolling paths around the land, with a beautiful view of the countryside and a couple fire-pits. A little ways off from the lodge, there were two wooden lounging chairs facing East to watch the sunrise! My boyfriend and I sat there in the evening, and saw deer hopping around in the distance... what a fairy tale!
When we got in the lodge, Steve gave us a tour. There were fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and lemon raspberry water waiting for us in the main room, as well as a large communal fireplace and a big screen tv with pandora playing, which he told us we could choose whatever music we wanted. On the main floor, there was a large dining room, a well-stocked kitchen, a sun room (where we had breakfast served the next day) and a beautiful porch right off the sun room. Upstairs, there was a relaxation-nook stocked with books, a computer, soda, glass-bottled water, soda, coffee, tea (all complimentary!) and a leather couch and chair sitting in front of a huge window facing West, a beautiful spot to watch the sunset!
For dinner, we drove about 5 minutes into Mt Horeb, where there were multiple, great restaurants to choose from. When we got back, Steve was preparing a home-made red velvet cake for us (we had gotten the birthday package, but I didn't expect the cake to be home-made!!). In our room, we had ridiculously comfortable plush sheets and blankets on our even-more-comfortable king sized bed. There were rose petals leading up into the Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom, with a bottle of (the tastiest!) peach champagne on ice sitting on the tub with two flutes. Oh, and did I mention the two *adorable* pillows hanging on the door with mine and my boyfriend's initials? I'm getting giddy just writing about it!
In the morning, we both took a shower and slipped into the comfy robes provided for us. We grabbed a cup of coffee from the Keurig machine in a pair of beautiful, handcrafted clay mugs, and sat outside while we waited for our breakfast. For breakfast, there was delicious yogurt, home-made granola and fresh raspberries, blackberries & strawberries waiting for us in the dining room. In the sunroom, we and another couple were treated to fresh squeezed orange juice, home-made blueberry french toast with a blueberry yogurt drizzle, and the most delicious bacon I've ever had. I'm not one for waking up early (I'm 21, so 9AM breakfast is pretty early for me!) but this fresh, amazing breakfast made me excited for the rest of my day.
I'm probably leaving something out, because I was literally amazed by something in this lodge every time I turned around. If you ever want to know what a fairy tale feels like, stay a night in this lodge. Wonderful!

- Jenny and Chris

Room Tip: The Mountain Pine room has an awesome Jacuzzi bath (that's where we stayed) but we didn't re...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We are repeat customers to Prevailing Winds Lodge and we will keep coming back! We've been in the summer and now the winter-it's lovely for all seasons! Steve & Jen always make us feel right "at home". It is such a cozy, rustic lodge-yet elegant too. The food is fantastic! We are outdoors people-so being close to Blue Mounds state park is great-in the summer for hiking and biking and in the winter for x-country skiing or snow shoeing. This B & B has become our favorite & we'd highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Room on main floor has a king bed and a whirlpool tub :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Calabasas, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have to be honest that all 5 Stars that we are giving are well deserved. From the ambiance and quality of the home to the service and attention to details by the owners, our expectations were exceeded across the board. We enjoyed our stay immensely. We will be back and we will let all of our friends know about this lodge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West

Been to Prevailing Winds Lodge? Share your experiences!