“Good Room for sleeping”

Sand's Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
“Good Room for sleeping”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Sands about 5 times now. The rates always seem to be fair for the area. There is nothing fancy about this place. It is a motel... Don't expect a great sit-down breakfast or absolutely clean carpets. They do put out coffee and packaged cinnamon roles. The rooms we have stayed in are clean BUT... They really need to clean under the beds at least once a month. Many people (including us) check under the bed when checking out just to make sure we didn't lose anything. We were surprised how dirty it was under there after seeing the rest of the room being so clean. The air conditioning kept the room cool and it was easy to fall asleep on the mattresses they have.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Soupman1100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed in room # 12, close to the main office. We were happy with the comfort of the bed, and the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom, while dated, was clean and had great water pressure! This is not a luxury location, but don't be afraid to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
P I Minnesota
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have stayed at the Sands Motel everytime I go to Boscobel Wisconsin for the Civil War reenactments the first week of August. I have always had great desk service, a very clean room and all around great experience staying at the Sands Motel. It is in a great location. The motel is within walking distance of many main Street businesses and the events that take place during the Civil War weekend. I will continue to book my stays at Boscobel with Sands Motel. Keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband, dogs and I just stayed there for 3 nights at $80 per night which is really expensive for the area. We were completely grossed out by the extremely stained carpeting in our room (pet room that we had to pay $15 per night extra because "they shampoo the carpet after pet stays", yeah right!). Our sheets had crayon drawings on them from a former guest and urine stains on them. There was a dead mouse on the sidewalk in front of one of the rooms two doors down and one in the driveway....both were there for the whole time we were..... Did I mention we were the ONLY guests? The bathroom had an olive green tub (newly remodeled, remember), an olive green sink that was broken, and a lovely plastic toilet seat that slid around. The garbages outside the rooms were quite full and had not been emptied in the 3 days we were there, hence the mice. Their website boasts "newly remodeled" and it most likely was....in 1970! Unfortunately with dogs there was no other option in this town. Very gross!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Witznake

Travellers are raving about these Boscobel hotels

Reviewed 30 May 2011

We had a king size bed in our room with clean sheets and we were able to sleep well. I did check the shower head and it had some crusty minerals collecting where the water runs through but my husband said that's coming from the water itself so that couldn't be helped. We like the free WIFI connection, the air conditioner with a fan setting so we can have white noise to drown any other noise around, the ability to park in front of our room so we could keep an eye on our bikes, and the corridor in the center of the building which is directly accessible from our room. And they had coffee and doughnuts at around 6:50 am. A few things we didn't like: 1. the inside door tends to rattle when we open the door to the outside or when other nearby inside doors are opened but we remedied that by putting a chair against the door, 2. The cost - $59.00 + tax. We think it is only worth $50.00 for the overall quality of the motel. But the location may be a good justification for the cost.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank MO-triker
Peyton, Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2011

First we have stayed there before but found that they have gone downhill and will not stay there again. First we were charged 15.00 a day for our 10 lb. 3 year old furbaby...ok not a problem until the next day when I was straightening out the bed and noticed a huge old pee stain on the bedspread. I did not notice this when we checked in the night before as we were tired and just wanted to get some sleep. DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!! Second the remote on the TV did not work....So my husband was going to the office and a room was opened to be cleaned and he went in and exchanged remotes...Third...there phone system is totally obsolete. I won't even get into that! Fourth & fifth the table lamp has a short in it and the shower head needs to be throughly cleaned or replaced. Lastly there was no one on the premises Sat thru Mon. I went to get coffee on Sat morning @ 10.00 am and no coffee...Sun no coffee...Mon no coffee and no one there to voice our complaints...I wish I knew a way to get my money back as we were totally DISSAPOINTED !

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaroleCelliWoodnal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Windsor Place Inn
Windsor Place Inn
#7 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Sand's Motel? Share your experiences!