“Do not rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconsin”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Boulder Marine Center Rentals
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I had a bad experience with Boulder Marine Center. Todd Kerecman at [--] is a thief and he needs to be stopped. His immoral practice is to charge a cheaper rate than other Marina's and then will charge you for damages that were already there. He will intentionally NOT give you a copy of the paperwork so you do not have a case against him.

When they come to drop off and pickup the rental he will send an innocent kid who does not really know what he is doing and will tell you that there was no damages on the rental or say that is nothing and just shrug it off like it is ok. But afterwards they bring it back in the shop that is where they say they inspect it and then charge you a large amount of money for damages. whether they were there or not.

He charged us $250 for a small scratch that would be considerd normal wear and tear that was already there and marked appropriately at the time of rental, but again we did not get a copy of the rental agreement. Then he charged $60 for a bad prop which already had little normal wear and tear dings on it that were there before.

This is not the only time this has happened. I just found another consumer who had the same problem and posted it on this site. It is just too bad I did not get theis BEFORE I decided to rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconson because they are thieves.

A word of advice... Please get the paperwork up from whereever you rent from, but still do not rent from Boulder Marine Center in Boulder Junction Wisconsin because he knows how to circumvent the rules to screw unsuspecting people out of their money.

I just hope this will help the next unsuspecting consumer who is looking to spend quality time on the water in the beautiful Nortwoods of Wisconsin.

39  Thank Jpw515

Reviewed 9 August 2008

Do not rent or purchase anything from this store! We rented a waverunner from this business 3 weeks ago. I gave them a $1000 security deposit check and an additional $825 for delivery (15 min. drive) and a 3 day rental of 1 waverunner. We were extremely careful with it, followed all the rules, and it ran perfectly. When the owner came to pick it up he said it was in "perfect condition". We filled it with gas. I gave him a separate credit card number to top it off if needed and he agreed to not cash the $1000 security check. Now 3 weeks later, I check my checking acct balance...SURPRISE!...they cashed the check! I received no phone call, email, or home mail warning me of this possibility. I signed all the paper work saying it was in perfect condition on pick up. When I called the store, the gal in rentals said there was apparently damage to the watercraft so they cashed the check. When I asked what was damaged she couldn't tell me! She said only the owner knows and he's not in. When I questioned her why no one contacted me, she responded with " the owner made several attempts to call you but you didn't answer your phone". I have the iphone which is extremely efficient at tracking phone calls. I received many messages that week, none from them! Not to mention they just cashed the check yesterday! We vacation 6 times a year 3 of which are in northern WI, and I have NEVER received such bad service. We could have went overseas for the money I spent on this waverunner! DO NOT RENT OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE! (my uncle was just about to purchase a PWC from this store...not anymore!)

37  Thank wijule