“Great Property”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bowler
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bowler
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great Property”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed Saturday night with a wedding party, and overall it was a great experience overall. The only thing that I would suggest is at check in to go over check out time and just general info about the property. I work in a hotel, so I already knew how hotels function, but the person I came with was kind of lost. Breakfast was amazing, and our server was great. Prices were really nice considering it was a resort. The room was really nice and very clean. The casino was a lot of fun, and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hannah H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
La Crosse
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. Modern, clean, well appointed rooms. We were truly impressed. Hotel staff were friendly. The casino was sooooo tight. There were four of us on a casino tour of wi, this being our 13th casino. They have a great game selection, but the payouts for the same game, same bet were about half of the other casinos. That was an immediate sign that we should have stayed in the room!!! . At every other casino, we stayed pretty even, a couple of us would win and a couple wouldn't. Here, we all lost alot. The table games were fun and the dealers were good. If we return, I'll stick to the tables.
The restaurants! Wow! The worst service and rudest people. We had 25 cent wings at The Groove. The wings were great, when they finally came, but don't think you can have a few drinks while you wait. Our server pretty much disappeared. We saw that people playing in the casino were going to the bar and buying drinks, not easily as the bartenders were as rude as the wait staff, but at least eventually. So my husband took cash to the bar to buy us more beers but bartenders ignored him. There were 2 very frail elderly people waiting to be seated, and there WERE several empty tables. They had a walker with a seat that they took turns sitting on while they waited. Nobody helped them, or even acknowledged them. Well, everyone was ignored. It was awful.
At breakfast , we ate at the buffet restaurant because we had the coupon for a free breakfast. The server was stomping around pissed off. The hostess was trying to tiptoe around her, apologetic because she was seating her. I guess since the coupon states "gratuity included" she felt no service was required. We never got more coffee or water or our dirty plates removed. Despite the coupon, we all would have left additional gratuity had we received any service. We were all talking about the horrible service and tight machines for the 3 hour trip home. That was our last stop on our 7 day casino crawl, wish it had not been, hated to end on a bad note.
I would return here, now that I've learned more. Stick to the gaming tables, and pretend you are at one of those restaurants where you pay extra for people to treat you rudely, you'll be getting it for free!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank chipeddler
Menasha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Came off the road after a three-hour road trip. Topped off my Mini Coopers gas tank at the casino station for $4.13 a gallon for premium. We had arrived early because traffic was light on Saturday. Tried to check in and was told to come back in an hour and our room would be ready. Came back after an hour and told to come back in another half-hour. Walked outside and sat down on a bench and cooled my heels awhile. Decided to talk to management to see if I could expedite my room. I complained to the gaming manager who walked me over to the floor manager. I explained my situation and she said, come with me. We walked back over to the front desk area and I got my room. We finally got settled in our room 11/2 hours after arriving at the resort. We had booked a two night stay at the resort and gotten 15% off our room rate by being members of the slot club. I sent my wife down to the Terradea spa for a ultimate relaxation massage $100 plus tip. She came back, relaxed and happy! The spa is run by a private vendor.
The level of service at this resort has really fallen on hard times! It took me an hour on Sunday evening in the Long House to get a cheeseburger and a cup of mushroom soup. It took us a half an hour to get drinks at the groove while listening to the band on Saturday night. They had a room full of people wanting drinks and food. The room was staffed with two waitresses who were having a conversation at the bar and oblivious to what was going on around them.
Our room troubles continued Sunday afternoon as we were locked out of our room! We had to go down to the desk and have them make us new keys. The slots at this casino were tighter than I've ever seen them. I actually quit gambling Sunday night, out of frustration. It's hard to believe that this casino was voted the best in Wisconsin in 2012. This resort is definitely in a downward spiral. Their staff needs an attitude adjustment. Maybe it's time for a new GM. This used to be one of my favorite casino resorts in Wisconsin. I don't know if I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
17 Thank CasinoMan53
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This Hotel was so great, and we would come back here in a heartbeat. All employees seemed to absolutely love their jobs..from the hotel check-in, restaurant (by the way great food there and reasonable), casino workers, security, Our rooms was lovely and very large,comfortable and super clean. I loved that they had Bath & Body products in the bathroom, as well as makeup remover and shower caps for the ladies.You don't see that very often. Beautiful country area, out a ways

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and had a beautiful view of the snow-covered woods, yes, in April !! haha
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank immrstigger
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The hotel, casino and bar staff were great. The restaurant was understaffed. Long wait to make your order and then get your food. Food was just ok. Due to a long wait at the table after being seated we just skipped breakfast one day. It was a rolling joke all weekend how bad the service was in the restaurant. If it were not a family event I could not imagine we would ever go there again, nothing special about the place, though nothing terrible either.

Room Tip: Rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Shawn S
Cambridge,WI
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very nice, very clean rooms, comfortable beds. I had a regular room with a king bed and still had plenty of extra space. Nice walk in shower and soft towels. One of the nicest and cleanest rooms I have used in a long time and extremely reasonably priced. Get a Players Card first and then check in and you will get a 15% discount.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank akbound1
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have stayed here once a year. Last review I gave was how I thought the employees were a little on the unfriendly side compared to other years not so this time. Every employee was extra helpful to every need. Didn't matter who the front desk staff, waitress, bartender, star club all staff. It was nice seeing all the smiles back again. I always give a second chance. Rooms are always clean. Beds very comfortable. lots and lots of pillows. We ate at the buffet it was very good. If you like crab legs this is the place to go. Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Every room is good I have stayed in. We had a corner room this time.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Cyndee A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowler
Konkapot Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Shawano
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI
Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI

Been to North Star Mohican Casino Resort? Share your experiences!