“Didn't get a chance to stay there (review of service)”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Didn't get a chance to stay there (review of service)”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia, and when I got there, the lady at the front desk (there was only one person working at 5p.m. which is like prime time for checking in???) was on the phone with Expedia. After about 5 minutes of standing there not being acknowledged, she asked my name. When I gave her my name, she said there was a problem, she just got off the phone with Expedia, and that they were changing my hotel.

I wasn't given information, so I had to ask for clarification. I said "there's a problem with what?" She told me something about a pipe busting and damaging several rooms on the third floor, and that the rest of the rooms were sold out. She then told me she'd made arrangements with another COMPARABLE hotel down the street, and they they had been briefed, and all I had to do was give my i.d.

I went to the other hotel and they didn't know what was going on. The lady from DT had only called and said she's sending people over. So, the woman at the new hotel had to call DT back to see what she was supposed to do. She ended up calling Expedia because of a $ issue since DT already had the money I'd paid. After 40 minutes of standing at the front desk with another couple who were experiencing the same problem, I got my room key.

The new hotel WAS NOT comparable in any sense of the word. It was old and dirty. It was a "suite" in that it had a separate bedroom and living room, but I'd rather had stayed at DT. Plus, no cookies!

In all fairness, the woman at the front desk at DT was very pleasant, but I think somewhat overwhelmed. My wife complained, and they have since been very accommodating. The lobby seemed nice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kristopherowens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I organize a bus trip for our quilters group every year and by far this was the best. The group manager Anthony was awesome to work with. He did a fantastic job working with our groups needs for breakfast times and anything else we needed. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing that their beds are full size, so if you are expecting queens, it's not happening. I did for warn the girls 4 to a room that they may not be queens. It was very hard to find a place in Wisconsin with queen beds, this one was questionable but not now. No one complained. The breakfast was awesome and the staff were very courteous even if they were over worked and tired. It was a very busy weekend for them. The staff at the front desk was also very nice and accommodating. What a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brookfield, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had 5 people staying in our 2 room suite. We requested 5 sets of towels ahead of time but didn't get so had to ask for again. We had a pull out sleeper sofa with no sheets etc so had to go get bedding late in evening. Person at front desk was kind, but they were understaffed and there was a Brewer game. They need to have rooms with proper amount of towels and bedding when they sleep several people. Seems like that would save them the time of having people come to the front desk all the time needing these items. They even commented they would need several sets of towels at front desk because people will ask for them.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent stay. There was a party going on so the receptionist put us as far away as possible so we could get a good nights sleep. The room was clean, comfortable and up to date. The receptionist was very helpful and fun to talk to and helped us find the pool which was very nice: excellent jets in hot tub. Also helped us with breakfast. We felt cared for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Chanassen, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Everything was very nice. Always enjoy the chocolate cookies! The breakfast buffet was delicious especially the to order omelet while I waited. The beds are so comfortable. I wish internet was included in the room but overall a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Brookfield, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked for 2 nights at a great group discount. A number of families in our group were bump one night. The hotel was overbooked and the hotel made no accommodations except, here's your cookie! How about, let's see if I can help you secure rooms in another hotel close by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jay P
NEW CITY, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thanks for a wonderful stay as always Hilton! The beds are super comfortable and the service is impeccable! You can never go wrong with a Hilton property! That warm cookie is awesome as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!