“NY2LA BASKETBALL TOURNEY-JULY 9-13, 2014”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Holmen, WI, United States
“NY2LA BASKETBALL TOURNEY-JULY 9-13, 2014”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My 17 Year old son & I enjoyed staying at DoubleTree during his NY2LA 17U basketball tournament. The nightly rate was $99.00 for a nice room & delux breakfast included. Staff was well traiined and professional This is the way a Hotel should be... That's what I'm talking about!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New London, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

When you enter the lobby and are greeted, you are offered the "Doubletree" cookie, which was good and deserved one of the two stars. The second is for a nice looking and overall clean hotel, and having nice, comfortable rooms. The next morning, we never got in the pool after waiting over an hour and asking front desk four (4) times; then someone comes and it has mechanical problems. This was extremely disappointing, besides that one of the ice machines had no ice in it. Not a great hotel by Hilton standards.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Marinette, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was very humid even with the air conditioner on. There was no fan in the bathroom to get rid of shower moisture. Hotel screwed up our block of reservations for a team that was supposed to stay there. Very good location and cleanliness was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

So-So. Rooms have paper thin walls .. people talking in next room sounded like they were in our room. Took an hour to get dry towels in pool area after notifying front desk (by walking to the opposite end of the hotel). Breakfast buffet is nice, but if you want an omelet, it's very slow going. No acknowledgement of Honors Gold member at check-in .. and no cookies offered at check-in ... front desk attendant was bored and didn't want to be there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My check in experience after 7pm was not pleasant due to the employee telling me my reservations was from 6/16 to 6/19. I asked her if she was sure and she said yes. I then tried to to explain to her that my reservations should have been from 6/16 to 6/20 but she told me that's not was in her system and that they are booked. That was the end of her discussion. But other than that, the morning front desk clerks, restuarant service and shutter service was AWESOME.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Expedia, and when I got there, the lady at the front desk (there was only one person working at 5p.m. which is like prime time for checking in???) was on the phone with Expedia. After about 5 minutes of standing there not being acknowledged, she asked my name. When I gave her my name, she said there was a problem, she just got off the phone with Expedia, and that they were changing my hotel.

I wasn't given information, so I had to ask for clarification. I said "there's a problem with what?" She told me something about a pipe busting and damaging several rooms on the third floor, and that the rest of the rooms were sold out. She then told me she'd made arrangements with another COMPARABLE hotel down the street, and they they had been briefed, and all I had to do was give my i.d.

I went to the other hotel and they didn't know what was going on. The lady from DT had only called and said she's sending people over. So, the woman at the new hotel had to call DT back to see what she was supposed to do. She ended up calling Expedia because of a $ issue since DT already had the money I'd paid. After 40 minutes of standing at the front desk with another couple who were experiencing the same problem, I got my room key.

The new hotel WAS NOT comparable in any sense of the word. It was old and dirty. It was a "suite" in that it had a separate bedroom and living room, but I'd rather had stayed at DT. Plus, no cookies!

In all fairness, the woman at the front desk at DT was very pleasant, but I think somewhat overwhelmed. My wife complained, and they have since been very accommodating. The lobby seemed nice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kristopherowens
Zanesville, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I organize a bus trip for our quilters group every year and by far this was the best. The group manager Anthony was awesome to work with. He did a fantastic job working with our groups needs for breakfast times and anything else we needed. The beds were very comfortable. The only thing that their beds are full size, so if you are expecting queens, it's not happening. I did for warn the girls 4 to a room that they may not be queens. It was very hard to find a place in Wisconsin with queen beds, this one was questionable but not now. No one complained. The breakfast was awesome and the staff were very courteous even if they were over worked and tired. It was a very busy weekend for them. The staff at the front desk was also very nice and accommodating. What a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!