“A great hotel in a great location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
South Bend, Indiana
“A great hotel in a great location”
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This is my third stay at the Doubletree Hotel Milwaukee/Brookfield and I will surely return. I love that they are convenient to downtown Milwaukee but far enough away that you pay a portion of the price, don't have to pay for parking, and have a great (if not better) selection of restaurants and shops. I've always been greeted warmly and with an amazing cookie. We are always promptly checked in and given directions to our room. On our last stay they let us pick our room (they had low occupancy though) and they even provided us with bottled waters and a fridge for being repeat customers. We've stayed in downtown a couple of times for business but I much prefer the Doubletree in Brookfield for the rooms. The rooms are much better then other 4 and 5 star hotels we've visited. They are nice and roomy, have great modern furnishings, a nice TV, and are enjoyable. We've also used the pool, hot tub, and exercise room which are nice and up to date. We have never had a problem with anyone being unfriendly and have over all enjoyed our stays. It's also very nice staying in a beautiful community with great shops and restaurants. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
North Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Everyone seems to like the “Sweet Dreams” bedding and bath products. Not me, I LOVE them. Not only does it say the little heartwarming statement, it also provides for real, sweet dreams when you cleanse with the provided toiletries and then sleep in the bed! Much better when you get the full experience – highly recommend it.
Also in a great location, with close proximity to an Einstein Bros Bagels, which is a must for me. The Brookfield mall is super convenient and the Brookfield/Milwaukee area in general is very welcoming and fun.

Room came with Wolfgang Puck coffee and I will never forget that Doubletree cookie, never. Hotel also had top-of-the-line equipment in the fitness center and a very tasty restaurant downstairs. Apparently, the food is always a huge part of the experience for moi … LOVE Doubletree Milwaukee/Brookfield Hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrJr1986
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2009

First, they are nice. I really can't believe all the "5 STAR" reviews here. They sound like they all were talking about s completely different hotel. The room I went to when you get in there I found a distinct musky smell, a real faint smell of something that reminded me of old wet clothes left in the washer for 2 days. Just a hint of this smell, but it never went away the 6 nights I was there. Room Service is free, and the staff is extremely nice and they smile, which is why this place gets a 1.5 star. I did not like paying for internet, that is a thing of the past, like paying a dime to use the toilet. We had a group of 20 with us and especially with all the corporations near, 95 % of the people there are for business and need the internet for business, this is just a hidden "added" cost to the room. In the bar, when you order a "double", it is a single everywhere else, and he will quote you his measurement dialog from his bartending manuel or something---Whatever-- just stick to beer. He is nice though, just cheap. There are a lot of nice restaurants closeby.(and other hotels too). All in all, If I had to stay positive, Everybody is nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mattscards
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was nice and clean and the bed was made up so good with a lot of pillows and I love the one that says "Sweet Dreams". The products in the bathroom were exceptionally perfect. I will never forget my experience at this hotel. I want to stay there again very soon. Not only was the hotel nice the staff was nice as well. I am gonna tell everyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Antigo, WI
Reviewed 15 September 2008

The staff was friendly, the room was clean, BUT who the heck charges $10.00 a day for internet and $12.00 for a breakfast buffet?

I will be traveling to Brookfield 3 weekends a month for the next few months and typically book thru Hotwire to get a good deal, I'm going to be very cautious now...Country Inn and Suites offers FREE internet and FREE breakfast and it cost me $3.00 more for hte room.....so basically I saved $43.00 staying there when you consider the three brekfasts we had for free and the internet charges.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean room
  • Disliked — That I had to pay for internet and breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hckytrvlr
Chicago, Il.
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This is a nice hotel, we stayed in the king 2 room suite. Very comfortable bed, lots of great pillows, nice furniture. But the sofabed-Oh, my aching back, thin mattress, no padding. Since the rest of the place is so nice, it was an unpleasant surprise!

• Liked — Very comfortable bed and bedding, nice amenities, pleasantly decorated
  • Disliked — the sofabed was awful
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank follylover
California
Reviewed 25 July 2008

Surprisingly nice stay at the Brookfield (Milwaukee), Wisconsin Doubletree.

This hotel is located near the freeway, Brookfield Mall, and Fresh Market, as well as many other shops and restaurants.

After getting my warm check-in cookie, I headed up to room 301. A "suite" with a view of the courtyard. The room was nicely appointed and, while close to vending and the elevator, was quite and comfortable.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The strong air freshener in the air conditioner needed to be removed and was easily handled.

Complimentary coffee is in the room, but would be nice in the lobby as well. However, there is a full service restaurant and bar.

Across the street, Heineman's restaurant has a nice breakfast and lunch with some healthy options.

An indoor pool and health center are nice, but watch out for the kids on the weekends!

These types of hotels can be hit-or-miss, but this one was a hit!

I will be back.

• Liked — Location and comfort
  • Disliked — strong air freshener in air system
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cwcharacters
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!