“Love the LEMON cake! 🍋”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #35 of 182 Restaurants in Brookfield
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Portillos is one of those places you can find something to please everyone.
I tried the lemon cake and have a new favorite❣️

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

The burgers were cold and looked like they were put together by a 12 year old. I waited in the car with my family for five minutes after the food was already lined up to go but no one gave me the food. I had to beep my horn to get someone to give me my food. I saw a girl lining the completed bags up but she never came to the window to give me the food. The girl that ended up giving me the food was the girl that collected my money. One of my kids ate half of the burger because it was cold and disgustingly put together. By the way, I heard a lady that must have been the manager ordering people to do things but never looked over the window where cars were lined up waiting for food including my car. No one came to the window until I beeped my horn!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Portillo's has been around for over 50 years and I have been to several of their locations in Chicago, but this was my first time in their first Wisconsin location, which has been only open for almost two years now. The same quality, service, interior design, and great food were at this location too. It had been a long time since my last visit and my wife had never been there, so it was a special treat for both of us. Once you enter the 50's diner style interior, complete with 50s music, you are charmed, and disappear into this time warp, with old pictures of the era of diners and soda fountains on the walls. You step up to the counter and place your order--the selections have grown significantly over the years-- and grab a seat and wait for your number to be called. My wife and I both with for the classic Italian Beef sanwich ($5.99) upon which they built their reputation (after their original hot dog, of course), mine dipped and with hot gardinara ($.60), and hers with a sprinkling of "extra gravy" and sweet/mild peppers ($.60). We both had the large iced tea ($2.39) with fresh lemon, to drink, and a piece of their famous lemon cake ($3.15) for dessert. The sandwiches were oh so good,and filling, the iced tea was freshly brewed and the cake was fresh and moist and plenty for sharing. We were in heaven and really enjoyed our meal. We are told that there are plans to built several more locations in the area, and are glad to hear that, as we plan to go back often. Portillo's proves that you don't have to serve haute cuisine to have excellent food, and that if you do it the same at each location, you can develop a successful chain restaurant. Thank you, Portillo's, for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Decided to try it. Nice atmosphere, great burgers and lots of choices straight out of the 50's and 60's.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Not even close... Slow, inaccurate, food prepared sub-par compared to other locations... it makes me cry myself to sleep at night! Please fix this location!