“great locally owned bistro”

North Star American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
North Star American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 166 Restaurants in Brookfield
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brookfield Rd.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“great locally owned bistro”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We always try to frequent the locally owned places when possible. NSAB has a very eclectic menu, reasonably priced, very well plated and served in a timely manner. Friendly bar scene too. Thursday happy hours are phenomenal.

Visited April 2013

“Consistent Goodness”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a restaurant that I used to dine at more frequently when I worked near by. This was my first trip back in over 2 years and it was still as good as I remember it. The service is always impeccable and today was no different. The food selection ranges from soup and salad to entrees. All the meals I have ever had has been top notch. I highly recommend it for a business lunch or going out with friends.

• Visited September 2013
Marinette
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I visit here after a spa day with my girlfriends. It's a bit on the pricey side but its a great place to relax and enjoy a cocktail and a swanky lunch. I have never been here for dinner,

Visited May 2013
Milwaukee
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the 6th time I've eaten here and I was very disappointed. Six of us met for a birthday lunch on a Saturday. Three of us ordered burgers and they were served warm, not hot! All three were very dry. Two of us had the Cowboy Burger (which I've had before and was delish). The buns were not toasted, hardly had any BBQ sauce or onion strings. Very disappointing especially since I had raved to my friends about how great the food was. Another had the shrimp with pasta and it looked like half an order! The other two entrees were fine. Although one of us had to wait for her duck pizza because the first one had burned while they were making it. Service was slow, which was strange since only 3-4 tables were filled with people. While our server was very knowledgeable about the specials she never came back to ask how our food was. We did complain when she came back at the end of the meal. We were comped for dessert due to our complaints about the food. (Maybe a new chef that day.....)

I will return and see if it was just a bad chef day! Hopefully our complaints will help. North Star also does the food for the Sharon Wilson Center's outdoor concerts and it's always been very good.

• Visited July 2013
Delafield, Wisconsin
“Nice atmosphere, great menu, good drinks”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We visited with friends and enjoyed their extensive selection of choices on their menue fromfresh fish to ddteaks and everything in between. Terrific atmosphere for just about any venue. Service was friendly and timely. This was our second visit and we'll definitely return. Just a little on the pricey side.

• Visited June 2013