“Mass produced, fast food sushi”

Wasabi Sushi Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi Sushi Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 169 Restaurants in Brookfield
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Moorland Rd
Description: Exquisite Japanese Dining Experience. Sushi & Japanese Kitchen.
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Very poor. We eat at hundreds of sushi restaurants and this was ONE OF THE WORST quality sushi ever. We returned our plate and it was replaced with same dry, tough tasteless entree. They must pre make and just have sitting under a heat lamp. Yuck.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is going to be a weird review. Brace yourself. Ok, so my wife and I went here based on the ranking in TripAdvisor as one of the top 5 eats in Brookfield. Entering the restaurant you notice the sleek and swanky decor. We were seated in a booth that was very nice. Our waitress was light on the English but good enough to get our order and kept checking on us throughout our meal. We ordered the Love Boat (sushi for 2) and it came with a salad (awesome dressing!) and some standard miso soup. I ordered a large Morimoto soba ale which was nice to see and my exceptions were high on the food. I also ordered the beef tataki as a starter and it was not that fresh. In hindsight, we should have sent it back but we didn't. The Love Boat is big! But it wasn't on a bamboo boat but rather a bamboo bridge! LOL! the Love Bridge? On to the Sushi. My wife and I love sushi and we eat it often. We have a favorite place in Chicago that we go to regularly but we've tried almost every sushi joint in Chicago. We know good sushi and we know bad sushi. This is where the weird part come in...the sashimi and nigiri sushi were divine and fresh but the maki was terrible and poorly executed. The california roll was the size of my fist and the fake crab meat was doused with mayo and had an off taste to it as if it was left in the sun for a few hours. The unagi and sauce on the dragon roll was forgettable. It too tasted very fishy and off. Lastly there was another roll with salmon and wasbi mayo and it too was very fishy and off flavor. So in essence all the maki was fishy and off flavor. The proof was in the pudding a little while later waling the aisles at Target when a rumbling in tummy turned into an all out dash of my life for the toilet. Food poisoned. Naturally. Don't eat here people unless you have a toilet nearby or walk around in diapers. You have been duly warned.

1  Thank Victor S
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have been to Wasabi several times in the past three years. Every time the sushi gets better and better. Always fresh and tasty,their green salad is to die for and the service is always great. The lunch specials include soup or salad and a choice of 2 or 3 rolls-best deal for $10-$13. Yum!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

A very impressive sushi chain Resturant

Excellent selection of food and a lovely atmosphere - large Resturant so I doubt you would need to book

Staff attentive and friendly --- happy to explain offers as well

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I was in for business and was eating solo. Sat at the Sushi bar and the cooks gave me a couple pieces while I waited for my meal. Everything was delicious! A little pricey once you have a couple glasses of wine but overall a great experience. Would definelty come back when I'm in town. Try the lobster cigars. They are a meal in themselves!